Chapter 11: New Beginnings

I wake from a wonderful deep sleep and for the fourth morning in succession it is in Ruth's bed and in her arms. For the first time, however, we can look forward to electric light and hot water. It has been a happy few days, mainly spent decorating but with a couple of walks on the Moor, which I'm growing to love. The kitchen here is looking very good, though we gave up trying to move the dresser on our own and got Tom and Danny to help.

They had, on Thursday morning, turned up when we were still in bed; it was simple tiredness and not surprising after the Samhain night we'd had. I had to ask Tom, once again, to give us ten minutes and in between dressing, fixing the fire and putting the kettle on, we agreed to tell them about us. I knew it meant 'coming out' for the first time but it wasn't that hard a decision: I refuse to be ashamed of loving Ruth, whatever the future holds.

They hadn't quite managed to get everything working that day, some problem with the 'consumer unit', whatever that is. Anyway, it meant that they had to go to Bodmin for a replacement and so it was just before lunch on Friday that the first lightbulb was lit and the first hot water flowed. It was stupid, but I got so emotional when I saw the steaming water. I think it must be nearing my time of the month because I'm not normally so emotional.

There have, of course, been lots of hugs, kisses, caresses and passionate lovemaking. Damn, my period will get in the way of some of that too; I shall have to seduce Ruth when she wakes up, just in case it starts today.

We're going to continue painting the main bedroom and then this mattress can go back onto the bedframe. Or are we going into Bodmin to buy a fridge and freezer and some other electrical stuff? I can't remember. The only electrical items plugged in at the moment are my phone and laptop.

I feel Ruth stir, her hand gliding over my tummy in a wonderful caress that makes my insides go mushy in anticipation. That's another thing: I don't remember ever being quite so damned horny all the time, certainly not since my teens. I've not really resolved the 'am I a lesbian?' question because the only woman, indeed the only person, I've ever felt this way about is Ruth. I guess I am and I don't really have a problem with it, as long as I don't think about how I'll tell my parents, especially Mum.

Ruth's hand moves again and I can tell from her breathing that she is probably awake. She runs her hand up to cup my boob and I give a little sigh of anticipation as my nipples tingle. Her thumb and forefinger close around the tingling nub and the sensation is wildly intense. However, the little roll and squeeze that follows is way off the pleasure scale and into pain territory so I give a yelp.

"Oh, sorry love; are you okay?" she asks full of contrition and concern. I roll to face her.

"Yes, it's just my nipples seem hyper-sensitive this morning." She looks down as her hand gently covers my boob but avoiding the nipple.

"Your tits seem a bit swollen, a bit larger, I think." I smile; given the amount of time she's spent with my boobs I'm not going to argue.

"Perhaps; I'm due on soon; I think I probably am." It's a simple enough thing to say to Ruth, though not something I could ever imagine saying to a boyfriend. "However, other bits of me are just fine..." I say as I lay back invitingly. She comes into kiss as our hands seek the warm wetness between each other's legs.

We have learned over the past few days, we know each other's bodies from our intimate explorations. I know the feel and taste of this beautiful, amazing woman. Mmm taste... "I want to lick you, darling."

"That sounds wonderful but I want to lick you too," she replies; we have both rather developed a taste for each other, figuratively and literally.

"Shall we try the sixty-nine position?" I suggest.