CHAPTER 1

A/N

okie it's me, Connor-Patrick. Now idk if i'm gonna do the entire story from one point of view or switch from Ryan to Brendon between chapters, I still gotta think about that. However, I have many ideas for this story so let's give it a shot!!!

Also, I have come to notice whilst writing, that some of my spellings may be different to the way you are used to, as I am British, therefore here it's colour not color, recognise not recognize, etc. Thanks Wattpad, for trying to constantly correct me for that reason. On that British note, if I get anything American-y wrong, I do apologise.

------------------------------------

*Ryan's POV*

'New year, new start, new you.'

That always seems to be the slogan of every first day back at school, and you'd be lying if you said that wasn't true. Considering not one thing changes about a person in a two month time period, except maybe their height, or looks, that may change. But not personality wise. The only thing that seemed to race through my mind all day was the fact that seasons change, but people don't.

I mean sure, we've started a new year at school, maybe even our time table has changed, but people act like you've got to start your entire life around every time you step through them brown, rusted, old gates each early September morning.

Quite frankly, I noticed not one new thing in the entire six and a half hours I spent there today, except the new teachers and faces. First days are a load of utter shit every single year. It's all about the expectations and first impressions again, and again, and again.

As soon as I slammed the front door shut, I threw my keys onto the counter top and jumped up, carefully sitting on top of it, as my dorm mate and best friend, Spencer, entered the room and tried to strike up a conversation with me.

"Hey Ry! How was your first day?" He chimed in a voice which just seemed way too cheery for a Monday afternoon. I rolled my eyes at his enthusiasm, but I knew I had to answer him.

"C'mon, you can't say first days back are any good, Spen." I stated blandly, not really seeing how this conversation can carry on for much longer.

He just shrugged, still with that gigantic, cheesy grin on his face, resembling a monkey at the zoo, waiting to be fed. "True, but it feels kinda good to be back." He chuckled and lifted an arm to ruffle my hair up, however I jumped off of the counter top before he could reach me. I let out a little chuckle myself which I did not expect. He's always been overly cheesy.

It was just me and Spencer who lived together on campus, and i'd rather it stay that way. We've been friends for quite a while, what, three years now? We met at quite a rough point in his life, and I guess that made our bond stronger. He can be a nuisance at times, but hey, who isn't?

I walked the very few steps over to my bed and flopped myself down right in the middle of it, Spencer only a few steps behind, leaning against the door frame. "Alright, well I have a shift at the coffee house later, and seeing as it was the first day, i'm assuming you've had nothing important set, and you can come keep me company?" He asked, a small side smile on his face, and his pleading light blues looking hopefully at me.

I rolled my eyes, subtly, but so he'd notice and nodded my head, "Of course."

It's not that I didn't enjoy going down to the coffee house, I mean, when your best friend is working, free coffee is a given, however it just seemed to last a lifetime. It may have only been the first, boring, day back; my body clock is not on track yet.