Chapter 9 : Soon

Iris comes and sits in front of Barry.
Iris:Look Barry I wanted to talk with you also about us. Our relationship.
Barry:Iris I know. I'm first of all really sorry. I failed to give you what you desired. My love wasn't enough for you. But as you can see as time went, I actually fell in love with another person.
Iris : What? Then why were you even in a relationship with me?
Barry : Because I didn't know. I was asking myself the whole question all time and then just yesterday I was sure, that I'm in love with her. But trust me I don't wanted and wanna hurt you. I don't even wanna ruin our this beautiful friendship.
Iris : Barry! You know what? I'm so happy. I'm so happy you told me the truth. I was gonna end up the relation anyway. I was cheating on you! With Eddie! I don't know that whether I'll be ever able to get over from him...
Barry : Iris! I'm really sorry.
Iris: Its OK Barry. And I was going to tell you the same thing. You are in love! Not with me! With Caitlin.
Barry's eyes pops out. He drops his jaw.
Iris: Look we may not be a perfect couple but perfect best friends forever. I know you Barry. You can't lie to me. The way you look at her now and talk with her, anyone who's observing can tell that you love her. Barry: Iris please don't tell Caitlin about this. She still don't know anything. Iris : Don't worry! But promise this time you will let her know your feelings at right time. If you're late again this time then remember you don't fall in love every single time.
Barry : Iris!
He gets up and hug her. Iris hug him back too.
Barry:You are my bestest friend!
~~~
Barry enters STAR labs. Workers were working around the whole place. He saw Cisco talking with one.
Cisco: Hey Barry!
Barry : Hey man! So how much time will it take?
Cisco : Probably a week. But now we are using my room as the main office. Your suit's there, one table for Caitlin, one for Harry.
Barry : Umm...speaking of Caitlin where is she?
Cisco : In her new lab. You can go and check her out.
Barry goes to the room. Caitlin was doing something on the computer. She turns back. Caitlin : Oh hey Barry! How was your day?
Barry : Cait I did it. I told her. And she didn't even break the friendship. She told me she's happy I told her.
Caitlin : I told you right.
Barry : Thanks cait *in a calm and quite voice* without you! I could never do this.
Caitlin smiles. There was an awkward silence.
Barry : Uh-h...by the way what's your plan tonight?
Caitlin : Just Netflix and chilling. I know I'm boring but this is pretty much my kind of Friday nights.
Barry: *smiling* mine too. Like only Netflix is real. I don't go to those party stuffs...*kinda trying to impress Caitlin*
Just then Jesse enters the room.
Jesse : Hey Barry! Hey Caitlin!
Caitlin : So what are you up to?
Jesse : I don't own that much clothes here so I'm going shopping with Wally for my date with Mike tomorrow. By the way where can I get dresses by the way? Rappers?
Barry : You guys buy dresses from Rappers in Earth 2?
Caitlin: I can't even imagine.
Jesse : Why is it that bad for dresses here?
Barry : They sell full on ripped jeans, ripped t-shirts etc. All those rapping outfits.
Caitlin : You better check out ZARA.
Jesse: OK thanks. It is actually awkward they sell the stupidest clothes in our earth.
Barry: By the way, you going with Mike, is it OK with Wally?
Jesse: Yeah sure. Like it must be. Why anything wrong?
Barry: No its OK.
Caitlin observes Barry with the corner of her eyes. Jesse left the room.
Caitlin : Do you also think they like each other? Jesse and Wally?
Barry: Yeah! Young soul! They just don't know still. Like I didn't know. I just hope they don't lose the time.
Caitlin smiles at him. Barry smiles back. °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Caitlin sits in front of the TV with popcorn. Just when she was turning it on, her phone vibrated. It was Barry's text:
So what you watching? On Netflix I mean? We can share choices I guess?