~Ten~

"It's been over a month since Kira started killing again; that's all the proof we need to prove his innocence." Souchiro said through the speakers. Waiting on the couch you eat a small cake that you asked Watari to bring you. Switching another microphone on L speaks again. "Light, how are you feeling right now?"

" Ah, I'm OK. Ryuzaki, I know that in the time I've been in prison no new criminals have died.
However, that suggests to me that Kira must be someone who's intimately familiar with my situation.

And if that's the case..." He said but was cut off by L. "No, Light. The reason criminals have stopped dying is because you are Kira."
"No! I'm not Kira!
How many times do I have to say it?" Came his protests in shouts. "We're going around in circles L," You say for the first time that day. "You say he's Kira, he denies it and Souchiro keeps talking about leaving." You finish feeling irritated and putting down the now empty plate. "Well what do you suggest we do?" He asks you in his signature monotone though his eyes are looking at you with something you just couldn't read.

"Here's my advice: break the damn cycle." And you walk out of the door and down to Misa Amanes' containment where you actually liked to spend your time; the two of you talked and she relies on your occasional visits from not going completely insane.

"Hey,"

"Ah Miss. Rika," Misas' voice rang through the cold cell "How's the progress for getting me released?" This question of hers it sounds so hopeful, so sad. "I'm working on it." You reply stiffly. She gives you a slight nod and a wave of guilt washes over you; it's true that you have been trying to at least get the girl unrestrained but L was too stubborn. "So...how are you?" You ask picking up the audio and visual controller from a steel table and sit down on a chair that's in view of the camera. "I'm alright, other than the usual everything's just been boring." She answers honestly.

"How about you?" She question with a smile. Looking over to the camera you see a small red light blinking signaling hat the visual and audio is still on.

"I'm fine-""Nah," She cuts you off in denial picking your lie out. "Tell me the truth Rika, how are you?"

"I feel dumb." You reply honestly shutting down the cameras and microphones. "I-I feel like I shouldn't be here, hell I don't even know why I should be here," You rant letting out any other emotion besides anger "I don't know why I'm- I should be dead Misa! Dead!" Never mind. "It hurts, I am useless in this whole investigation and I, I just-I'm done." A few tears run down your face. "It's okay, Rika, it's okay." Out of this overwhelming pain and the anger bubble rising through your throat you tell her everything; taking away your real name and L saying who he is. You surprised yourself by saving those details out of the self loathing and pity you have for yourself.

"I'm so sorry for that Rika," She whispered at the end of your story. By this time you had your hands in your face stopping more tears from coming out of your eyes. "You know you and Ryuzaki seem to be pretty close."

"Tell me Misa, the first time that we spoke you said that you can't live without Light and that he is the person that you can't live without because he makes you happy; how can you tell?" "How can I tell that I'm deathly in love with him?" From your nod she continues but you also turn back on the audio. "You can't tell, you can't tell how or why you're in love with someone, not really. You ask yourself and make up reasons but really it's just the feeling of heart and soul. I want to marry Light one day and then we can have as many kids as we want." We were left in silence for a few seconds before she starts speaking again sending her voice up to the receiver. "Rika," "Yes?" "Have you ever been in love before?" "Fake love, the kind that you pollute your mind with when you're young and wanting to marry a high school sweetheart; yeah a few times. Real love though the kind where you see yourself realistically with this guy without a face; nope." You ramble.

"It'll be ok you'll find someone and from that story it seems to be that Ryuzaki guy," She teases and forgetting that audio was even on, the remote slips from your hand and you just stare at the blonde. "You're serious?" You laugh it off but your heart buzzes and you feel a stinger go into it. "Of course I am. From the story it seems like he's never even had a crush before." She laughs lightly. "You're so weird..." You groan "I know, butt-"The door slams open revealing Watari and some of the police men. "Rika, Rika what's going on?" She asks all joy gone replaced by worry and fear."What're you guys doing?" You demand being pushed aside by Aizawa.

"Sorry Rika." He's holding you back as the others move Misa out of the room. "Why are you doing this?" You demand attempting to pull away from the cop. "We're going to break the cycle," He responds emotionlessly. Misa's calls for you start ringing through the halls outside of the door.

"Let me go," The grip holds "I said let me-"Your voice gets drowned out "You told me to break the cycle Rika, it's just what I'm doing." "Oh and what are you doing?" You ask having venom thrown to L. His eyes widen in hurt and the bees' stinger plunged right back into your heart. "We're going to fake an execution to draw out the truth or not about Kira," He explains briefly grabbing your wrist and tugging you on and up back to the hotel room. Your blood's boiling at the thought of scarring your friend, but your heart and your wrist and your brain have gone fuzzy, letting L drag you along with no complaints. "If she actually gets hurt..." You threaten in a slight daze.

"Relax yourself no actual harm will come to Misa Amane or Light Yagami," He says in attempt to relax you. "I don't care about Light." You respond stiffly following behind the male.

"Now come on," He said picking you up bridle style and dropped you on the couch of the hotel room. "You're so weird," "So you have said." Sitting up on the couch you lean your head on Ls' shoulder. "You gargoyle sit just because of your 'observational' abilities," You blurt out taking him slightly off guard. "Yes, so?"

"I can't believe that this is going to be the most random part of the story," You mumble under your breath. "I heard what Miss. Amane said, the audio was on." After his words you both sit in silence. You can hear his pulse and you feel somewhat at peace. 'Maybe Misa is right maybe she's wrong but I like this,' You think feeling a smile pull at your face. "-completely insane. Please, Dad, I'm not Kira!" Your head immediately shoots up looking over at the screen. It showed Light Yagami and a blonde sitting in a car seat.