Chapter I

Third P.O.V

A knock on the dark brown front door of the average sized house, in a silent family estate echoed through the air. It was no more than a minute before the brown door was opened and a 5ft4 to say woman stood in the entrance way of the door, her frame barley taking up half of the gap of the door way.

The women had a tanned complexion as a lot of people knew she traveled a lot to sunnier countries, rather than the cold, dampness of Wales. The woman had a face of a 45-year old but the man at the door knew how old she was and she was no were near that age, she was much older. Her light brown almost blonde hair was clipped at the back of her head, keeping her hair away from her eyes.

"Mrs Valentine?" the well-dressed man at the door questioned with a slight Italian accent, the man before the woman stood at around 6ft, his blonde hair was stilled nicely at the top of his head, his dark blue eyes held nothing but kindness. He wore a white dress shirt which stood out on his tanned skin, with a deep red bow tie and black blazer and dress trousers.

"yes?" the lady replied, confusion was shown on her face, her light green eyes questioned who the man in front of her was and if she knew the man, but the two had never met.

The man who look to be in the early age of 30 smiled brightly at her "I was wondering if your husband was home, Mr Valentine?" the man asked.

Mrs Valentine nodded slightly "yes one moment" the man at the door smiled in response and waited for Mrs Valentine to retrieve her husband.

Faint whispers were heard from Mr and Mrs Valentine from inside the house, once Mr and Mrs Valentine came into view the man smiled slightly more and straightened his back, so he stood up straighter.

"yes, can I help you with something?" Mr Valentine questioned the man at the door, Mrs Valentine was not far where she stood right by her husband's side, her small figure made her look even smaller compared to her husband's 6ft1 frame.

Mr Valentine was older looking then his wife, Mrs Valentine but he was a few years younger from what the man at the door knew, the same as his wife Mr Valentine had nice tan skin, Mr valentine was also slightly in shape as most people knew he kept himself active every so often when he was not working but it got more difficult with old age taking its toll on him.

Mr Valentine's hair had the salt and pepper look to it which only grew more grey with age, his eyes were a dark brown which were sometimes mistaken for black.

"yes, I work for your daughter, Rosaline-Marie" at the mention of the husbands and wife daughters name, Rosaline-Marie, Mrs Valentine took a sharp in-take of breath almost like all the air in her lungs had vanished and Mr Valentine stood up straighter.

The man at the door was informed personally by Rosaline-Marie that this would be a way they would react as the three of them had not seen each other in person for over eight years so he didn't act ay different, occasionally they would talk over the phone, but mostly it was just to wish someone in the family a Happy Birthday, but it was always Rosaline-Marie that phoned, never the other way around, as the couple could never get through to their daughter no matter how hard they tried and the conversation wouldn't last more than five minutes.

When Mr and Mrs Valentine composed themselves of their shocked state the man at the door continued "Miss Rosaline-Marie had asked for me personally to drive and escort you to her Manor House"

The couple were wary of the man at the door and didn't know if they could trust him and if he was telling the truth about him working for their daughter "how do we know you work for our daughter?" Mr Valentine questioned, without saying anything the man at the door reached into his left blazer pocket and fished out a navy envelope and handed it to Mr Valentine