My alien stalker. short story

It was a usual week day morning down on earth. Apart from the wars that raged African and Asian landmasses, the world was quiet.

The sun rose early that fine summer morning. The white dog appeared the opposite side of the road. He, presuming it's a he, sat on the pavement just staring. Bethan left school. She was tall, eleven years of age and had shoulder length, black hair. She went to meet her friend on the way. They walked and talked, like typical high school kids do.

The year nearly over, and not short enough it was. most days were uneventful. There was one or two days that were worth attending but school but the rest were a complete waste.

They walked down the drive. As they did they saw someone they'd never seen before. An exteremely tall pale man in a suit steped out of a red mini. "How the hell did he fit in there?" Bethan asked as a joke

"I know." Her friend Ela said.

The man who seemed to hear the comment approached them and quite calmly said "It was, quite literally, magic."

"Okay" Bethan said slowly

"I'll take you for a ride if you like." the teacher said, not showing any sign of humour when the two girls gave him a look saying 'Peado'. They walked by him pretending this little conversation was a dream. He just gave a desturbing smile.

The next encounter of the weirdo was at dinner time. The canteen was full and busy and exteremly loud as it usually was. This time Bethan was unusually on her own. "I'm sorry about our encounter this morning. Dog by the way"

"What!?" Bethan exclaimed, ready to slap this freak in the face

"My name, Mr Dog." Bethan fought back a laugh but her eyes betrayed it. "I'm serious. I'll take you for a ride if you like, and I promise I'll be good and let you control me."

"No" She said plainly

"Please?" He begged.

"I can't." she told him.

"Why can't you? Know one will even know." Bethan looked insulted. Her face red with anger. ""Look around." MR Dog continued. "No one is moving. time has stood still."

"So? Won't you take no for an answer!?"

"No. You could live the rest of your life like this and no one will ever know."

Bethan started to contemplate the offer. It could be fun, couldn't it?

"fine i'll go, but you have to leave alone afterwards though." Bethan told him after a few moments

"Cross the place where my heart should be and hope that someone can kill me." He replied. Already this seemed like a bad idea.

Mr Dog led Bethan out to the car park. The cars that should be doing fifteen miles per hour out side the gates, were stood completly still.

"Pick a car." Mr Dog told her.

"We can't steal one!" Bethan objected

"We can, but we're not. Anything is possible, somethings just aren't socialy accepted; and i didn't say we're stealing a vehicle, i just partially insinuated it."

"Okay just shut up now!"

"Right sorry. Did i..."

"No! I've only known you for a day. Porsche."

"What? Is that a code for something i'm yet to find out?"

"No, it's a car." Bethan was really hating this idea now.

"Oh right. Yeah. Forgot . Sorry." Bethan sighed deeply trying not to seem disrespectful, not that she cared about this mans fellings. "...Do i need to spell it out you dumb shark!" Mr dog shouted into the radio he was holding. Was he being funny? "P-O-R-S-C-H-E!" He said very slowly and loud into the radio.

"I am not dumb you idiotic dog!"  A voice screamed from the other end.

A silver convertable Porsche came down the drive. It was the only thing that was moving on the entire planet, and there was no one driving it.

"Well get in then." Mr Dog said from behind. Bethan didn't realise she was standing with her mouth open, looking like shocked fish. Bethan, then jumped in the passenager seat, now the shock was over."well where do you want to go."

"Ermmm"

"Anywhere then."

The car took off at speed. In minutes they were on the bypass. The speed was about three times what it should be.

"Shouldn't we slow down?"

"No. No one will ever know we were here. You know you are such a perfectionist, you know that?"

"Can't help it. Do you really have a shark friend?"

"Yep. And i'm really a dog. It is very clever and difficult for a pathetic little human, such as your self, to understand."

Mr Dog got a powerful slap in the face then started laughing. "Sorry." He said to her. "I'm not used to talking to a human."

"Is this real, or is it inside my head?"

"Of course it's inside your head. But why should that mean it isn't real?"

If time was still moving, they would have been out for nearly an entife day.

"If you enjoyed that, You could join me if you want. My life is science fiction."

"Maybe. Whats in it for me."

"No school, but alot of magic, wonder and blood."

                                                               THE END! (FOR NOW)