Epilogue : Mr. Husband

Start from the beginning

Braden steps behind my back and wraps his arms around me, nuzzling my neck with his head. ''And how have you been today?'' he asks me quietly.

I smile. ''Busy. It was really chaotic at the clinic today. How was your day?'' I ask him, enjoying the feel of his arms embracing me.

He exhales on my neck and I shiver, goosebumps erupting all over my body. After all these years, he still has the same effect on me as the first time I met him. My heart still skips a bit when I see him, my body still trembles when he looks at me and touches me and his lips still leave me breathless and needy.

''It was pretty good actually. I came to some decisions I want to talk to you about later.'' This perks up my curiosity because it must be important. ''But now I want a proper hello from my wife,'' he whispers into my ear.

I grin. I've become used to Braden's greetings every day and his goodbyes. I got used to him showing affection no matter who watches us and no matter where we are. He shows me his love everywhere we go, showering me with it.

I put the spatula down and turn around in his arms, wrapping my own around his neck, already knowing what's coming. He doesn't disappoint. He dips his head down and puts his mouth over mine, moving his hungry lips against mine – nibbling, biting, sucking, making me crazy. His hands sneak down to my waist and he squeezes it sensually and then they lower down to my butt, pressing me against himself, plastering my body on his.

My hands play with the hair behind his neck before I put them in his hair, tugging it. Braden groans in my mouth and sucks on my tongue before he ends the kiss, both of us breathless.

It's always like this with him, never less than it. He doesn't allow it and doesn't settle for less so my mind is always swimming somewhere on cloud nine after every kiss he gives me.

We end the kiss, both breathing hard and fast. After Braden kisses me, it feels like I've run a marathon, but in that nice way, that euphoric way. It feels amazing. ''I really don't know why you keep insisting on cooking when we could hire someone.''

I roll my eyes and sigh. ''I already told you that I wanted to learn how to cook and I found myself enjoying it. Let me have my fun, yeah?''

Braden shakes his head at me, a slow smile spreading on his lips. ''Okay, baby.'' He drops a kiss on my forehead, sweeping my hair back. ''I really love your hair,'' he murmurs, brushing his fingers through the strands. He steps back, biting his lip as he looks me up and down, his look turning dark.

My whole body flushes at that infamous look, knowing exactly what's going through his head. ''I'll go look what the kids are up to. I don't want them to hear their mother screaming in pleasure from the kitchen.''

I flush even harder. ''I'm not even that loud!'' I exclaim, almost as a whine.

Braden chuckles under his breath. ''You can be happy that the walls are soundproof, otherwise all our neighbours would know my name by now.'' And with that, he turns around and walks out of the kitchen, laughing to himself.

My eyes narrow at his back, but I turn back to the stove and focus on finishing the lunch, no matter how hard I find to concentrate.

Clara, our dog – golden retriever I saved when someone ran her over with a car and left her on the side of the road, comes into the kitchen suddenly, barking and sniffing. She comes to me and I pat her head, but she runs away immediately, without a doubt looking for Braden.

Is seriously the whole female population in love with Braden?

After the lunch is finished I go look for the kids and Braden. I find the little two playing around with Clara who's obviously gloating, probably just coming from Braden. That man truly can charm anyone he sets his eyes on.