Prologue

I look everywhere around me nervously. I get to meet the person I'll spend the rest of my life today. Will we love each other? Will we even get along? Or would I not get a match and I'll spend my life alone?

Beads of sweat form on my forehead, and my hands start getting clammy. I quickly dry my hands on my skirt and with my sleeve, I clean my forehead. My future husband shouldn't see me like this. I hate it when I get nervous I start sweating like if I was in a desert.

"We're almost up!" My friend, Quinn says. This only worsened my sweat situation.

We don't get to choose who to love. The government chooses it for us. They choose it based on similar tastes we have. They want us to reproduce the 'right' way. They said that if we reproduced with the wrong people, we'll basically 'ruin' the next generation. So here we are, standing in line, in a huge building of one city, waiting for our names to be called.

Once we get called we enter in a room where an officer will enter and give you the information of your future wife/husband, and you both must meet for an hour. After that the government will give you the keys to a brand new house you'll live in with your pair. You'll get married two weeks after you've met, and you'll need to wait at least three years before having kids. Crazy right?

"Quinn Fabray," they called. Quinn adjusted her hair and gave me one last hug before going up to an officer who took her somewhere. I sigh in anticipation and play with the hem of my skirt. It's one of my other habits; using my hands a lot.

"Rachel Berry," they call. My legs weakened a little, but I still make my way to the officer. He looked down at me and told me to follow him. We walk through some hallways and finally arrive to a medium sized room. There was a table and two chairs. There was a vanilla folder on the middle of the table. The officer closed the door behind me, so I approach the folder. I open it up and there laid the information of my future husband.

His name was Finn Hudson. He liked football, hang out with friends, and he loved music. That's the only thing he and I had in common: music. His favorite color is blue, he likes to eat, and he's goofy, according to his friends, as written here. He lives in the city that is four hours from here. He's a year older than me. I look over at the picture. He has brown hair, brown eyes and he's 6'4. Wow, I'm like 5'3 or something.

Would he and I get along? He looks cute, but I'm not the girl that guys consider cute or hot or anything like that. There's a knock on the door and I turn around.

"Hey, are you Rachel Berry?" The asks. And I nod. "I'm Finn Hudson, nice to meet you."

          *****************
Hey guys! So this is my new story
       I hope you like it, enjoy and feel
       Free to message me or comment
       I love to hear from you guys❤️