four: "the snake that devours itself."

"My, my, Mahiru, how nice it is to see you. What a splendid woman you've become."

She stops in front of him, head tilted, backs straight and lethal in her heels, she gives him the infamous predator smile. "Hello, Nakamura-sensei, you look well."

He chuckled coolly. "It's Nakuri now, Mahiru-kun. Azami Nakiri."

Mahiru shrugs fluidly, arrogant and prideful seeping from her nonchalant demeanour. "I don't believe you've asked me to come because of your name, is it, Nakamura-sensei?"

His eyes flash before he smiled with dangerous vows. She matched him head-on, golden eyes glowing with hunter's intent and her smugness emanating from every crevice of her being, daring him to threaten her, reminding him of the consequences. He looks away. Mahiru wins. 

"Why don't we go inside?" He turned, jacket tails flapping, striding briskly towards the entrance. Mahiru stared at his shadow in amusement before following his pace and slowing down by his side. 

Ivory walls and mahogany tables. Mahiru doesn't spare the decor a second glance. Riches and finery, shining rocks on throats... Did he intend to challenge her with this? However, to her surprise, he leads her past the VIP lounges and down the staircase to the common civilian floor. 

Did he? Her eyes narrow.

"Say, my dear student? Have you ever tasted the wonder of the common people's cuisine? Most are trash, as you would expect. However... Some are diamonds within the filth. Such as this one." Azami gestured grandly to the empty restaurant, his facade of a saint back in place as if it had never slipped.

So, his plans were aligned with hers all along. This was no doubt one of the methods he was trying to use to sway her. Mahiru could already imagine his quiet musings— "imagine the nation's reaction to such a homely, comfortable cuisine that its people are no doubt familiar with" and the underlined tone of "imagine if the Tetsuya Empire was behind such a superpower that could one day dominate the culinary industry" for her father, it'd be no doubt a chance he'd be willing to risk. After all, a couple of millions for a measly restaurant was nothing to miss. 

But this was different. Mahiru aimed for higher things— She was raised to aim for higher things.

If she succeeded in taking down Totsuki, the profit she'd rake in would be much higher. Even if she didn't, the worse scenario was her being disowned. As her current stood, she was pretty much exiled as it is. Besides, she couldn't risk going off track. Not here, not to him. Especially not when Azami Nakamura was in his element.

It was time to end this.

She sighed and crossed her legs, leaning back, her tone light as she began, "I'd love to indulge you on another of your rather curious discoveries, sensei. However, what I'm here for is a different cause than one currently executed by yourself."

"Surely you don't mean of the foolish rebellion against Central?" His eyebrows raise, and his gloved hands cross before tucking beneath his chin. "Even you cannot hope to defeat me."

Mahiru laughed, eyes closed and sharp. "That's where you're wrong, sensei." Her smile turns feral. "As of right now, I currently hold thirty percent of all Nakiri shares beyond those of Totsuki," his eyes widen, "combined with the twenty-five percent Senzaemon-sama, your father-in-law, still holds... It puts me in a very good position to challenge your authority."

His smirk is gone. 

"But," she continued, "our battle wouldn't end on favourable terms for either parties— Which is why I'm willing to offer you a proposal."

Nakamura waves for a waiter and quietly orders for a glass of wine. "Very well," he said. "Do as you will."

"Currently, the party that holds the most authority is the Elite Ten Council with the different segregations of the different clubs and research administrations coming in second. With a large gap in authority. Since there still remains a full eight months until this school year ends, I'd like to begin a school-wide Shokugeki. The terms being expulsion from Totsuki and unconditional surrender. Those terms will be non-negotiable." She slides a folder across the table. 

"Under those circumstances," she continued,  "Students may challenge anyone for anything. That includes council members for their seats and authority. By the end of the year, an election will be held between the two major factions — the rebellion and Central. The votes will be from council members, clubs, lecturers and students alike. The faction that achieves victory by majority votes wins, while the opposition will surrender without resistance. The opposition must also surrender half of their stocks to the victor." Mahiru paused, waiting for the hook to catch. "Is that agreeable?"

The snare and the hooks are the words 'stocks'. Mahiru didn't specify particular shares to him. If either of them wins, they receive instant victory on more than one level. Azami Nakamura has always been a... For lack of a better word— Optimistic. The trap hidden inside is the ideal she has planted. If he wins against Mahiru Tetsuya herself, he could challenge Shiro Tetsuya and then go on to win the Nakiri-Tetsuya war. In any endeavour he sinks into, Azami sees victory. 

"It is." 

Thus, the snake eats its own tail. The Ourobouros. The unending chain of evil Mahiru continues. 

These violent delights have violent ends.

%%%

"Good of all of you to come here," Mahiru said, hips leaning against the desk situated at the front of the classroom.

"The ojou-sama issued a summons. Your word is our command," Takeba Bunta bows to her. Around him, five more stood in front of her. 

"So..." Kana Hitori grinned. "What evil plan has Mai-chan planned for us today?" 

"You'll be pleased," Mahiru said, dropping a file in front of them. "I selected you six especially because I want you to come in as guest lecturers for the Totsuki students. I care little about whether or not they still survive by the traditional culinary rules. However, I am rather curious about how the Nakamura Method is being executed in this environment. I also want to know what the current ratio of approval is among the student population."

"So, we'll be playing spies. Great." Sakaki Imai tucked laced fingers behind his head as he chuckled in amusement. 

"Will you be fine without us, Mahiru?" Ryousuke Jin asked, his long hair gathered in a braid, reflecting off of the fluorescent lights. 

"Is that even a question?" Tsujikubo Miyori asked. 

Amato Kai grinned. "We'll tear them apart if they so much dare to lay a finger on ojou-sama."

%%%

mahiru and her merry band of thieves~~~