"Whatever, Ai-chan," Junpei sighed, hands shoved in his coat pockets. "We understood what Ken meant..." But instead of slouching away from the conversation, a small smile formed and a chuckle managed to escape his thin lips.

Yukari sneekly brushed her hand across Makoto's. As expected, he didn't react to such a light touch. Though that didn't stop her from blushing the slightest. His sleeping face was a common sight for her, but she couldn't help but let it get to her. Just like the first time she saw it.

"Sleeping like this after we all reunited," Akihiko spoke, his voice smiling. "That's our leader alright..." He chuckled too, his emotions changing his face.

Everyone awkwardly stood there, gazing at the sight of their miracle-worker. Not one person in the room could have guessed they'd live to this day, let alone the most stoic person there being the one who protected it for them.

"I think it would best to leave him to do so," Mitsuru lowly added, not too close, but not too far from his bed. "After all, he deserves a peaceful one. I, for one, wouldn't want to be the one to disturb it,"

"I agree, Miss Kirijo," Ken spoke with content. "In fact, I'm pretty sleepy too," As if on cue, he gave a small yawn.

"Yeah, I'm more tired than hungry," Fuuka joined in, softly but audible enough. "I'd be alright skipping dinner," she stood up from her knees, keeping her gaze on the sleeping boy.

"Then that's settled," Akihiko summed up, walking towards the door. "I should rest and relax before departing in a few days," and he left.

Everyone did the same, leaving one by one, saying their own "goodnight"s to the remaining friends. And as the number whittled down, the last person there was Yukari. She sat there on her knees, her head and arms rested on the edge of his bed. Her eyes stayed locked on his body, just staring.

Seeing the boy sleeping dragged her down into dreamland, her eyelids slowly dropping to a close, her body relaxing into a state of peace. His nearby presence luld her to sleep, till she was out.

---

March 6th, 2010

Dorm

Evening

"Has Mr. Yuki came down at all today?"

Yukari looked up from her magazine of various trends and gossips, all just like the good old days. Giving a moment to respond, she shook her head. "Not that I know of..."

Ken turned his gaze to the dog on the floor, looking right back at him. "How about you go check on him, Koromaru?" The dog gave a short woof and made his way upstairs, passing by Mitsuru and Akihiko on their way down.

"Has anybody eaten dinner yet?" Mitsuru questioned the group, taking a glance over the present people.

Akihiko pointed his thumb to himself, his other hand on his hip. "I got a healthy, protein filled meal to fix!" He announced with proud grin. "It'll keep us strong and healthy while we wait for Yuki to wake up!"

"Yes please, Mr. Sanada!" Ken joyfully chimed in, perking up in his seat.

"Sound good to me!" Junpei jumped in, raising his hand to be noticed while leaning back in his chair.

"Me as well!" Fuka added, giving a small laugh as well. She turned to Yukari and asked: "What about you, Yukari?"

She sat still for a moment, then shrugged turning away. "I'll pass," she replied with a small smile. "I'm not feeling the best right now... Sorry Akihiko..." She could feel a bit of disturbance somewhere in her body.

"Suit yourself, Yuka-tan!" Junpei chirped, the turned back to his own magazine.

"Oh! May I help Akihiko?" Fuka raise a question, slightly raising her hand.

"Sure!"

Everything buzzed around her, everyone talking and doing things. She couldn't quite pay attention to any certain thing not participate either. All she felt like doing was sitting there, relaxing, and waiting...

"Arf arf! Arf arf! Arf arf arf!"

Claws came scraping down the stairs, dashing down in a constant sound. And everyone froze.

Ken shot up from the couch. "What's wrong, Koromaru?" He asked the dog. But all the dog did was bark and bark.

Fuka gasped. "Didn't he go to check on Makoto?!"

"What's happened?!" Junpei jumped up too, also in a frenzy to know. All Koromaru did was jump back up the stairs, barking all the way.

"Let's follow him!" Mitsuru declared, commanding everyone to hurry in a big hand motion.

Koromaru led them to Makoto's opened door, the lights off. As everyone rushed in, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Until Koromaru nudged the boy's hand hanging from the edge of the bed. He then took his paws and pawed the edge of the bed, whimpering and his ears down.

Mitsuru was the first to rush forward to investigate. She put her hand to his forehead. Upon immediate touch, her expression change.

"This is..." She touched his chest. "...inconceivable!!" She touched his wrist.

"W-What's the matter, Mitsuru?!" Fuka begged for an answer.

Mitsuru continued to check everything. His neck, his eyes, his forehead again... Everything started to spin around Yukari. She teetered around the room, everyone's attention still on Makoto. She grabbed onto the side of his desk, clenching her stomach.

"No... No way..."

"Mitsuru?!"

The woman backed away from the bed, stumbling backwards.

"He's... He's dead...!"

Everything went black.