Chapter 1

PRESENT DAY...

"Did you hear, Mason is finally back for good."

"I know, I can't wait to see him, he's gorgeous. Pack meetings are going to be so much more interesting now that he'll be in charge."

"Yeah, it'll be hard to pay attention to what he's saying, when all I'll be doing is staring at his gorgeous green eyes."

Listening to the two teen girls talk about my mate as they shop without going over to them and ripping their throats out is a challenge, but I control myself and my wolf. What they're saying is true. Mason is coming back and no ones more excited about that than me. Our relationship has changed a lot over the past four years. We didn't talk as often as we planned because it was too hard for me to hear his voice and not want to tell him about us being mates. I'm the one who pulled back, and I'm sure he was uncertain as to why, but it was the only way I could stay strong.

We haven't talked in the past six months, but before we stopped he was starting to get upset about not finding his mate. He couldn't understand why she wasn't appearing, and hearing the pain in his voice is what had me making the decision to pull back.

I'm looking forward to ending that pain tonight and can't wait for the pack meeting. After he's accepted as the new Alpha, I plan on getting him alone and telling him I'm his mate.

After searching the racks of our small town boutique, I find a cute black lace top that fits nicely and pair it with some light blue skinny's. I find a gray over throw that hits mid thigh and finish off the look with a pair of killer ankle boots. At the register I grab a cute pair of silver hoop earrings, pay, and head home.

My house is a short distance down from the pack house. It belongs to the Beta of the pack which is the title my dad held until his passing a year ago when it was handed down to me.which was the beta's house. This makes my mating with Mason that much better. The training I've had for my new role will prepare me to take on that of the Luna which is what I'll become once we mate. A vote will be made after to decide who the new Beta will be.

I run upstairs to my room and throw my purchases on the bed before heading to the bathroom for a hot shower. When I'm done, I blow dry my hair, straighten it, and let it fall in a shiny curtain down my back. I get dressed, put on my jewelry which includes a simple pink and white friendship bracelet that Mason gave me when we were thirteen. He has a matching blue and white one. I wonder if he still has his and if it gave him the same comfort it did me while he was away.

A familiar male voice calls out to me from downstairs, interrupting my thoughts, "Siara, you ready yet?"

"Yeah Phillip, I'll be right down!"

Phillip is the best friend I made while Mason was away. He came here about a year after Mason left. His mate rejected him and he sought a change of life with our pack. He knows all about my mate situation and thinks I'm crazy for doing it.

I run downstairs to greet the six foot blond haired, blue eyed god that I have no romantic feelings for what so ever. It's a shame, really, because he's hot! Alas, I only have eyes for one wolf and I'm on my way to see him.

We walk to the pack house, my stomach full of butterflies. I'm finally going to see Mason in person and confess everything. To say I'm excited is an understatement, but I'm also a little afraid. I hope he won't be mad at me for keeping this from him.

When we get to the house it's already full with pack members, so we're forced to remain in the back for now. There's a murmur of voices as everyone converses quietly with one another. Suddenly my body tingles and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.