"And I'll pair it with my brown boots. You're a genius," she says smiling.

"I know," I reply rolling my eyes.

"What do I do with my hair though?"

"Let's have it in a braid," I say as we get to work.

LAURA POV

"You look nice," Dave says slowly glancing me over.

"You don't look bad yourself," I reply. He does look nice, he always does. He always looks effortlessly attractive but now he looks simply stunning, although it could partly be because it's been weeks since we've really seen each other with studying for finals, basketball practice, and a bunch of other stuff.
His hair is longer and darker, slightly covering his left eye. He has on dark blue jeans and a blue button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

"So where are you taking me?" I ask as I get in the car. He gets in the driver's side and starts the car.

"The lake,"

"Oh ok," I reply as I relax.

25 MINUTES LATER

"Are we there yet?" I ask for the third time in five minutes. We arrived at the lake some minutes ago but he insisted on walking adjacent to the normal path.

"We're almost there," he says.

"Well if I remember correctly you said th-," and I stop in shock as I look at the really beautiful scene before me. Oh we're at the lake alright, but I've never been here before. This is a slightly rocky part, totally secluded from sight by alot of trees. There are big beautiful flowers and plants. As I look around, a light breeze brushes me. It looks really peaceful.

"It's beautiful," I admit.

"I always come here anytime I want to think; I chose this place because we would have privacy here and I also wanted you to see it," he finishes looking at me.

"Thank you," I say sincerely.

"Let's have a seat," he says leading me to a park bench a few feet from us.

"Wait," I say as I switch off my phone. I do not want interruptions.

"So what's gonna happen?" he asks as we sit beside each other.

Of course I know what he's talking about. What will happen to us now that high school is almost over?

"We'll figure something out," I state the obvious.

"I got into Duke," he says with a smile.

"Full time basketball scholarship. Jake got in too, so I guess I'm stuck seeing his face for another couple of years," he says with a mixed expression.

"Wow that's good I'm so happy for you," I say hugging him.

"I and Ally are going to Georgia state university," I say breaking the hug.

"Congrats," he says.

"Laura there is something I want to tell you," he hesitates and I feel like my heart is about to burst out of my chest.

"I love you," he says looking me in the eyes.

"I've always loved you because you're amazing and I've loved you for as long as I remember. I got so crazy anytime I saw you with Jake, which is why I jumped at the opportunity to make you mine as soon as I got the chance," he continues.

"You-," l I start to say but I'm cut off.

"Which is why I still think Jake is the biggest moron I've ever known, but I'm glad he's stupid because it gave me a chance to be with you," he confesses.

"Bu-,"

"I know what you're trying to say. I attacked you and Nick and I am so sorry," he says genuinely.
Wow is he really apologizing for hurting Nick? I never thought he could do that.

"For hurting you," he finishes.

Of course

"I don't regret what I did to Nick, but I can apologize if you want me to," he says bluntly.

"I want you to,"

"Then consider it done," he hesitates again.

"I should say we should go our seperate ways. After college, when we become something, we can date and maybe it can go even further with time, but I can't because I'm way too selfish. I can't let you go,"

This is it Laura the time to tell him it can't work out.

"I love you too," I blurt out.

His eyes literally light up. He smiles and breathes a sigh of relief as he pulls me to him and kisses me urgently. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him with equal intensity as my fingers dig into his hair. After an age I pull away.

"But you're right. We should wait, because now is absolutely not the time. Let's live, go to college, experience new things and when we're truly ready, it'll happen," I finish with an effort.

"Huh huh," he says absently staring at my lips. I can't help it.
I pull him towards me again.

ALLY POV

"Not Daryl, not Daryl, not Daryl," I say repeatedly as I watch the season finale of The walking dead. I bite my nails as Negan walks around with his bat trying to decide who his victim would be.

My phone beeps.

"Come on," I say exasperatedly. It's a message from an unknown number.

Hey Ally, it's me Laura. Dave totally ditched me and i mistakenly took his phone instead of mine. Come pick me up? It's 53 Lakeview drive.

"Oh Dave," I say shaking my head disapprovingly as I grab my jacket and put on my flats.

"I've gotta make sure it's not a prank though," I mutter to myself as I dial Laura's number.

Switched off.

"Oh well," I say as I grab my keys and head out the door. Something keeps nagging me at the back of my mind as I leave but I ignore it. My best friend needs me.

Hey guys!!! There are only two more chapters to the conclusion of The Pretend Girlfriend.

DON'T FORGET

VOTE

FAN

COMMENT

THANKS A LOT GUYS!