11/22/1963 Ch.1

Depuis le début

Suddenly,she heard a buzzing noise and looked up,but she could not see what was making that noise through the thick canopy.She listened closely as the noise began to fade.Once it was gone she began to walk westward when she heard a crackling noise as something fell through the canopy and then the sound of splintering wood as it hit the ground.

Shira crouched low to the ground and began to crawl toward the impact area.She peeked through a large bush.A mass of splintered wood and grass were strewn all over the ground.She peered closely,and suspecting a trap,she grabbed one of her knives and tossed it toward the pile.Nothing happened.

She approached carefully.Amongst the cut up wood and grass she could see metal behind it.She put on her gloves and reached into the mess and pulled at one of the pieces of metal easily.She peered at it.It looked like one of those weapons people had uses during World War 2.The nuke bomb and everything.She poked a hole in it and tossed it toward the rubble.

At that moment two things happened.A loud bang and then a thud as something slammed into something breaking it into two halves,a piece of a weapon then two metal cylinders fell to the ground.

Shira jumped back,then carefully approached the tree where the strange atomanly had happened.She looked carefully.A small piece of bark had been blasted off and there was a medium sized hole in the center.Whatver this weapon did,it was powerful.

She then picked up one of the metal cylinders and stared at it carefully.It was shiny and quite small.She then picked up the black curved object that had fallen from the weapon.Inside of it were mere tiny gold cylinders.This was a very powerful weapon.A weapon she could use.A weapon of revenge.

She noticed that there were other few things among the wreckage.A very long one with a small knob at the end and a very shorter one at the other end.

She began to gather all the weapons in a single pile when she heard another crash somewhere above her.She moved backward and glanced up.A large crate was snagged by the tree's canopy which was covered in silk confetti.

It swung in the wind and then there was a tearing sound as the silk tore and the crate fell the ground with a loud crack.When the dust settled she approached warily.A web of cracks seemed to be splattered everywhere she saw.

She peered closely at the crate and tapped it with a foot.There was a creaking sound and then the ground under her feet gave way and she and the crate fell into a small hole in the ground.

She cried out as rocks fell under her injured foot and covered her head with her hands.When the cloud of choking dust settled she peered closely at the cavern she was trapped in.She could not climb out due to her injured foot.She appeared to be in a tunnel.The crate now lay on its side next to the pile of rocks where she laid on.

She carefully crawled around the crate to look at the tunnel.It was very dark but her eyes quickly adapted.She could make out the signs on that wall.Wherever she was,it had been crafted by someone.The air in the direction she was facing seemed a little colder.

So she decided she would leave the crate and come back to it later.Right now she needed to find a way out.She walked slowly down the dark tunnel scanning the walls or for traps.

She had been walking for about half an hour when she noticed that the earth changed under her feet.She glanced down.The ground had changed from rough stone to smooth stone.She peered carefully at the walls.They had changed from glittery blue diamonds to green diamonds in less then a second.

She noticed a small cup of something across the room.She dragged one long fingernail and inhaled it."Oil."She snorted.She threw it toward the wall where it exploded,catching fire instantly.Walking down the other side of the room she did the same.