The Weekend

*Photo of Gabi above*

It was now a week since Gabi had started a new school in a new town. It was now the weekend and she was going to spend it with her dad back home. She was excited.

***************

Kaci: "We were all going to go see a movie tomorrow. Wanna come?"

Gabi: "Nah, I going to visit my dad back home for the weekend"

Kaci: "Oh. Okay"

"Not that I would want to come anyway" Gabi muttered under her breath.

"Why"asked a concerned Kaci

"I just don't think some of your friends like me very much, Kaci."

Just as Kaci was about to give a reply to what Gabi had just said the rest of the girls walked up.

Chev: "Heya, whatya guys talking about?"

"Oh, nothing." Replied Kaci.

There was an awkward silence for what felt like forever but was only a few minutes until Gabi's mother drove up.

"Hey Honey, you ready?" She asked

Gabi just ignored her mother's question a got in the car and a few seconds later they were gone.

**************

There was a comfortable silence until her mother spoke, "Are you excited to see your dad and the girls today?"

They were almost at Gabi's hometown; Jackson, Mississippi

"Yea, sure" Gabi replied, a bit annoyed because she knew her mom was just being sarcastic, if I was left up to her, Gabi would never spend time with her dad.

***********

"Hey baby girl." Will, Gabi's father said when he saw Gabi. Will loved his daughter unconditionally and it hurt him to know he couldn't spend as much time with her anymore.

Will: I have so much stuff planned for us to do this weekend, pal. That's what her father called her since she was such a tomboy.

Gabi: I bet you do, I hope we get to do a lot before I have to go back home Sunday.

"I'll pick you up on Sunday baby" said Tamar, Gabi's mom.

Okay mom. See you then, I love you. With a kiss on the cheek.

"I love you baby" said her mom while she gave Will a ugly look, got in her car and drove off.

*******
  Guys, please vote and comment. Let me know what you think! Love y'all

Byyyyyyyye!💜