Chapter 39- Refreshing

Start from the beginning

Mae picked up a strand. "I got into an accident."

"So it changed to a dark color?"

"Yeah, doctors say it's because of trama to the head."

"What kind of accident was it?" He looked at her worriedly.

"Uh, it's a long sorry. But mostly from cutting it on metal."

He cringed. "That sounds awful."

"That's the least of it." Mae slowly smiled. "But you don't have to worry about me anymore."

He smiled down at her. "I'll still worry."

She sighed. "Trust me, I've got a few more people to look out for me now." She said while glancing at the hosts. They were now in front of them.

"Yeah I can see."

Mae smiled then leaned near his ear. "I've also moved onto someone else."

Arai grinned at he looked at her. "I wish you luck then."

"Thank you." She bowed. "Oh, here's my number." Mae quickly pulled out a wrapper that was stuffed in her pocket and a pen that Haruhi had in her own.

"Mae." Haruhi looked at her sister.

"It's fine." She waved off. "It's not your fault." Mae then felt her phone buzz off. She'd almost forgotten to check in on Hiro. "I'll be back in a sec." She ran off.

After Kaoru apologized for his brothers stead and asked Haruhi out they all sta back in their seats from before. "What was the deal with her and that guy?" Kaoru asked quietly.

Haruhi stiffened a bit. "He first met us after bringing Mae to me when she got bullied and hid. She was practically a mute back then. After our mom she'd never speak. I had to take care of her. Slowly Mae started to fall for him. She even spoke a bit more after she got to know him. The day before she left she confessed to him. She never told me why, but I guess-"

"He liked you." Tamaki whispered sadly.

"Poor Mae chan." Honey sniffled. "Does she still like him?"

Haruhi thought a moment. "She's moved on."

"You better not be talking about me." Mae growled as she began walking down the steps.

Once Maes story was out of the air there was something else hanging around. Haruhi was going on a date with Kaoru, or so she thought.

That night Mae sat outside the bed and breakfast. That's when Mori appeared and sat down beside her. "T-Takashi what are you doing here?! Didn't you and Honey leave?"

Mori breathed in. "Mitskuni fell asleep on a couch."

"Oh." Mae nodded. She knew that once her was asleep there's no way your waking him. "So, um were you and Honey here when I was asleep on the couch?"

Mori gave her a small smile making her blush. "I brought you to your room."

"Why is you always seem to be doing that." Mae began laughing. "It must be a pain." She stopped and smiled.

"No, never is." He returned a smile then looked at the garden.

"How exactly did the twins only saying here come about?"

"We had a refreshing challenge."

"Refreshing challenge?"

He nodded. "The twins won."

"Gross, doing their twincest thing?"

He chuckled lowly. Mae couldn't help but stare at his smile in the moon light. He looked so handsome at that moment. She promised herself never to forget that very moment. His laugh was like a gods, music to her ears. "I thought you were with Kaoru."

Mae widened her eyes and placed her hands on his arm. "Never!" They both paused and smiled. She released her hold on his arm and awkwardly placed the on her lap. "I don't like him like that."

"No?" Mori struggled to get out without cracking his voice, which barley ever happens.

"No." She stated then quickly shot up feeling what rush to her checks with him staring at her.

"Takashi?" Honey walked out rubbing his eyes. The he stopped at the sight of the two. "Sorry."

"I got to head up before Misuze sees me out." Mae began walking inside. "Oh, Takashi, it was nice talking to you." With that she was gone.

Honey smirked as he saw the tinted red on his cousins cheeks. "Did you have fun Takashi?"

*^*