Clarke realised that there was no way she was going to get him to leave without killing him, which she did not want to do as she already had enough blood on her hands and she knew that attacking one of Lexas people could put Clarkes people in danger.

"Who are you?" Clarke asked the man.

"I am Zoron kom Trikru, Wanheda."

"What does that mean?" Clarke inquired, curiosity getting the best of her.

"What does what mean? Wanheda?" Zoron replied. With a nod from Clarke he continued, "It means commander of death. It is a great honour to receive this title. Many now call you this after you defeated the mountain."

"Why would you honour me for whipping out an entire population? I killed them all. Most of them were innocent!" Clarke yelled as her emotions took over.

Warmth filled Zorons eyes, the kind that Clarke rarely saw in a grounders eyes as he said softly, "I know what you have done haunts you Skai Prisa. But they have drained and killed my people for nearly one hundred years. None of them are innocent. I personally want to thank you for what you have done. I lost my wife and child to the mountain, as many have. You have earned respect throughout my people as now our children can grow up without the shadow of death clouding over them."

Clarke had no reply for the grounders heart felt words. She found herself unable to speak at the sincerity of Zorons words. Before she could say anything he continued, "If you do not eat and do not find a sufficient shelter soon you will die from the cold of the upcoming winter. Do you wish to die?"

Clarke contemplated her answer before she replied, "no, death would be too easy. I have to suffer for the pain I have caused." With that he handed her a flask with water and some dried meat and instructed her to eat. Clarke was so hungry, she did not even try to protest.

After eating she lay down next to the fire.

---

Her night was filled with the faces of the children of Mount Weather screaming as their skin melted away.

---

As the sun rose, Zoron did not mention Clarkes fitful sleeping, which she was grateful for. After they ate. Clarke decided that she needed to figure out what his motives for helping her were. "What are you doing here, Zoron?"

"Heda ordered that I make sure you have what you need," he replied easily.

"Why does she care? She left me to die once? I doubt she would have any problem with doing it again."

"She cares for you Wanheda," Clarke flinched at the title, "but she had to do what she did on the Mountain, it is her duty. I know that if she could have made the decision as Lexa and not as Heda, she would have definitely chosen to stay and fight with you. But she could not, she had to make the decision that was right for her people. You of all people should understand that."

At his words Clarke felt sorry for Lexa. She did not have people like Clarke did that care for her on a personal level or people that wanted to care for her, not just because of her title, but because they actually cared for her. As Clarke processed his words she realised that the way that he was talking about her suggested that he knew the grounder leader on a personal level.

"You are close with her?" Clarke asked already having an idea of what the answer would be.

"Lexa and I were good friends before she was called to lead my people. That is why she trusted me to find you and make sure you are well." He answered, although Clarke sensed that there was something that he was not telling her.

"What is the other reason that you are here, Zoron?" She glared at him and raised an eyebrow daring him to lie to her.

Zoron responded apprehensively, "Heda instructed that once I made sure you were safe and well that I inform you that she plans to go to TonDC before so we can go to your peoples camp in a weeks time to discuss the future of the alliance."

"The alliance ended when she turned her back on us at the mountain," Clarke retorted.

Zoron ignored Clarkes statement and continued, "she suggested that it would be best if you were there as my people still see you as the leader of your people. If you wish to go we will leave for the TonDC tomorrow."

A/N: Hey Guys, let me know what you think of this story and if you think I should continue it. Feel free to send me ideas of what should happen. If you like it, please vote, comment and share so I know your opinion. If you have some critical feedback you would like to give me that is also welcome. Any Mistakes are mine, just tell me if there are any. I am hoping to make this story over 50k long depending on how many people want to read it. I will hopefully update again in the text few days. Thank you guys <3