a wish

"seokjin~" i called out into the lonely abyss that circulated throughout my entire apartment

my head turned at the sound of a small jingle, then appeared my cat. a smile appeared on my face as i lifted the small bundle of fur up and pecked small kisses all around.

"how's my baby?" i cooed once the cat held my face between his tiny paws.

i chuckled softly before carrying him back into the office with me. setting him down on my desk before i sat down in my chair and opened my laptop. the screen illuminated brightly, causing seokjin to walts his way over. my slim fingers found his fur again and i began stroking the adorable fella as i typed a document needed for my job.

"wasn't smart of me to bring you in here, i won't get any work done..." i mumbled.

i gazed at seokjin for a little. something at the bottom of my stomach ached, a longing in my heart. i wanted a companion, and how silly of me to only have seokjin in my life. i'm a loner, no doubt about that.
still, i wished to be social. it's not like i wanted to be shy and quiet. i wished to be confident. but how could i ever uphold that feeling? everytime i glance in the mirror my face shrivels up in disgust. i wished i didn't let my depression get the best of me, but i did. the scars on my arm are enough to prove it.

"i wish you were human. i don't want to be alone anymore."

my grandfather clock rang, my face contorted in confusion. i looked at the time, it read 11:11 PM. it's supposed to ring every half hour, i suppose it's time i traded it in.

with a sigh i lifted seokjin up, "i guess it's time for us to go to bed, princess."

i set seokjin on the bed and took off my clothing, leaving only boxers on. when i crawled into bed, seokjin nuzzled his head and body into my side. i turned off my bedside lamp and closed my eyes, letting sleep take over.