17. Seven Minutes

Start from the beginning

"Hi girlfriend" he says smiling back at me as I walk over to him and kiss him before grabbing one of the bags he was carrying over to the table.

"How was the store?" I ask as we're unpacking the groceries.

"Busy" he complains, "next time you have to come to keep me company. I'm pretty sure I spent at least an hour in the check-out line" he continues as I laugh.

"Next time" I say happily as I lean over and kiss him but we're interrupted when the speaker box buzzes. Suddenly the voices of all of my friends flood the room as they say their names as if I were taking attendance.

"Farkle, Smackle, Lucas, Zay." My heart stops as I hear Zay's voice.

Lucas had told me a few days ago that he told Zay about Josh and I and he didn't seem upset which was great but this will be the first time Zay was going to see me and Josh as a couple.

Riley skips into the living room buzzing our friends up as Josh pulls me back into his arms whispering in my ear.

"Everything's gonna be okay. Just remember it's me and you and no matter what nothing comes between us." He assures me squeezing my waist reassuringly as he kisses my forehead making me smile.

As soon as Josh's hands leave my body the front door opens and my friends enter the room. Josh goes to sit in our usual chair and Lucas walks over to Riley and gives her a quick kiss before they both take a seat on the couch. Zay and I lock eyes and I think for a second everything really is okay. He smiles at me quickly but that's all I get as he takes a seat next to Riley and Lucas. I didn't even get a hello. My heart sank, had I really ruined my relationship with one of my best friends?

"Hello friends, what are we doing this evening?" Smackle asks as Farkle helps her with her coat before they both take a seat on the couch next to Riley, Lucas, and Zay.

I'm about to answer her question but Riley beats me to it. "Let's play a game."

"Oh yea cause that ended so well last time" Farkle says referring to our game of spin the bottle. I blush as I walk over to join my boyfriend on our usual chair. He's already sitting on the arm leaving the cushion for me. Since there are no adults around he slides his arm around me resting his hand on my hip.

"Come on it could be fun" Josh says encouraging Riley as he traces circles on my wait calming me instantly.

"That's what you said last time" Farkle yells. Josh just laughs and looks up at Riley shrugging his shoulders as if to say, "I tried."

"Yea, come on guys. What else are we gonna do until midnight?" To my surprise these words come out of Lucas' mouth and as I look across the room I see that everyone is finally coming around to the idea.

"Okay fine!" Farkle gives in. "But NOT spin the bottle!"

"How about seven minutes in heaven." Again I'm astonished when I realize that Lucas is the one that suggested the game and I laugh to myself. He must really want to get a head start on his plans with Riley.

We all look at each other and nod in agreement. Josh then leaves my side to go into the kitchen to retrieve a wine bottle just as he did a few months earlier for our game of spin the bottle.

Since he retrieved the bottle he decides to go first. The bottle starts to spin and after a few times around it lands on me. I smile, a few months ago the thought of spending seven minutes alone with Josh would've scared the crap out of me, but not anymore. I finish my glass of punch and stand up to grab my boyfriend's hand.

Since there aren't any closets in the Matthews house he leads me to his bedroom. I sit down on his bed as he sets a timer on his phone for seven minutes and puts in on the nightstand.