Chapter 1: Heavy Crystal

"And one more time!"

Rachel pressed her clammed hand to her wet forehead, wiping the beads of sweat that dripped lazily down her face. She whipped her head to the side, a small smile tugging at the edge of her lips as she witnessed her fellow glee club members in the same position as she was.

"Mr. Schue do we have to continue this? I want to get home before the blizzard hits," Quinn interjected, placing a protective hand over her round belly.

Rachel stared at Finn in udder sadness as his gaze fell upon Quinn's stomach, his eyes burning with regret.

It's been a month since the dreadful truth of Quinn and Puck's secret was revealed to the lives of the glee club, ruining the once spiritual and giddy life of Finn Hudson. He's been a complete mess, drowning himself in sorrow and rage whenever he so much as breathes the same air as the two liars who he once trusted.

"Give us another five minutes Q, then everyone can leave!" Mr. Schue replied, shocking Rachel out of her inner thoughts. She sighed heavily; watching as Finn braced himself on his knees, waiting for the torture of the dancing routine to begin.

He tilted his head to the side, meeting Rachel's focused glare on his overwhelming expression. She smiled sadly at him, raising her hand above her shoulders and waving lightly at him.

He frowned in return, turning his head away from her as he waited for the continuation of rehearsal to begin. Her smile faded, biting her lip anxiously as she braced herself for Mr. Schue's next instructions.

But she couldn't concentrate. She was too distracted by the continuing of Finn's avoidance of her to even realize the steps and vocals she was interoperating. Ever since sectionals, he has ignored her like the black plague, never answering her phone calls, never responding to her questions in glee club.

It's like he hates her.

"Rachel." Mr. Schue's voice rang through the auditorium, his hand waving like a fan in front of her face. She fluttered her eyes repeatedly, shaking her head as she noticed the glee club staring at her idly.

"What?" she wondered, dazed as she crossed her gaze with Finn's. He quickly looked away and she fumed, annoyed with his immature behavior.

"I asked if you could stay later to practice a duet," Mr. Schue explained, smiling slightly at her beaming expression. "Of course Mr. Schue, with who may I ask?"

He bit his lip, rubbing his hands together fictionally. "Uh, with Finn, if that's alright." She frowned. Has Finn's hatred been so intense even a teacher noticed it?

"Oh." She could feel Finn's trembling bad rock the stage, but she ignored it, seeing how hewould like how it felt.

"Uhm sir, I don't think that's a very good idea," he mumbled, his voice ruffled with rage and denial. Rachel rolled her eyes, making Finn burn with anger. Good. She was done being treated like this.

"Well it just so happens that there is a severe lack of energy surrounding this club, and I expect the two team leaders to help rise above and bring this club back to where it started in the beginning of the year."

Finn breathed heavily, shrugging his shoulders roughly as Mr. Schue sent him a warning glare. "Thank you for understanding Finn, and Rachel, how about you?"

She crossed her arms tightly over her chest, tapping her foot with her shoe's heel, causing Finn to clench his fists in annoyance.

She looked down solemnly from his sudden displeasure, nodding her head firmly. "Sure. I'm in."

"Try it again!"

Rachel cried out miserably, stomping her foot on the ground as she flung her arms in the air. That performance was weak. Really weak. "Face it Mr. Schue! This just won't work out, Finn and I lost our – "