She shakes her head before realising she should use her words. "No I have not, my Lord. There is only myself and a few other girls tidying up." He nods and dismisses her as he turns his back and enters his room once again. He sighs heavily and heads to his washroom. He splashes his face with water. What is his brother planning? Knowing Hunter is in the near vicinity does nothing to calm Gethin's mind. He remembers with clarity the look on Hunter's face after Gavriel had tried to hurt Sparrow. It was the darkest look he had ever seen and it promised so much pain.

○ ○ ○

"You are earlier than I expected." Hunter laughs and he kneels down. He withdraws the two small blades and sets to work again. Logan shakily makes his way over to the cell door and sits beside it. Hunter briefly glances at him before returning his concentration to the lock. It takes him a little while but the bolts slip out of place and the door swings open.

"I heard you had already seen our dear brother and his wife." A sarcastic tone to his voice makes Logan smile. "I thought we should not waste any more time. It is time to get you out of here." He bends over and helps Logan to his feet. He adjusts himself so Logan can put the majority of his weight onto him, Logan's arm thrown over his shoulders. Hunter chuckles. "I never thought I would have to do this for you."

"Breaking me out of prison or helping me to walk."

"Both I guess. Let us just say I am finally returning the favour for all the times you helped me home when we were younger." They make their way through the underground passages. Logan glances around and frowns. There are no guards anywhere to be seen. Hunter grunts as the ground steadily starts to incline. "I thought you looked lighter, clearly I was wrong." He mutters under his breath.

"What did you do to the guards?" Logan asks quietly, aware they are getting closer to entrance.

"The majority were called away. I took the time it gave us." They reach the door leading to outside. Hunter moves Logan so that he leans against the wall. "However, there should be two guards the other side of the door." He whispers. "I am assuming you would prefer to leave them alive?" Logan looks pointedly at his younger brother. Hunter rolls his eyes. "I thought so."

He opens the door and strolls out. The men barely blink. He turns around and tuts loudly. Now they realise he is not one of them. Hunter grins as they charge at him. He opens his cloak and Logan bites his tongue when he sees the glint of steal. However this is not what he removes, instead he pulls out two cloths. He trips both men up and within seconds has the cloth pressed to their mouths and covering their noses. They breathe in the heavily drenched cloth and their eyes roll back. Hunter checks both of their necks for pulses before standing.

He returns to Logan's side and helps him step up onto the grass. Logan glances down at the men, trusting that Hunter was checking for a pulse and not for the lack of one.

"Just a little bit further and I have horses waiting. Had to leave them in the woods in case anyone noticed them." Hunter sighs and continues to help Logan slowly make his way across to the woods. It is slow progress and Hunter considers leaving him behind to get the horses. He has to dismiss the idea as he does not wish to leave Logan defenceless.

The cool night air refreshes Logan and he slowly starts to step forward with more strength and energy. The moon offers very little light but that is working in their favour. Hopefully no one will be watching too carefully. They may not see the shadows moving in a peculiar pattern.

They make it into the woods and Hunter releases a huge exhale of air. The hardest is still yet to come but at least getting Logan out of the dungeons has gone smoothly, much more smoothly than he could ever have imagined. Logan pulls away from Hunter and squats down. Hunter waits patiently, knowing how little energy his brother really has. "I will go and get the horses. You must shout out if anyone comes."

"I know." Logan utters tiredly. He withdraws the blade from the waistband of his trousers. Hunter's eyebrows rise. "Present from Sparrow." Hunter nods and with some hesitation leaves Logan next to a tree he could easily use as support.

All is quiet. But then he hears light footsteps and ragged breathing. "Logan." He hears the shouted whisper and he looks around. "Logan." She calls again before coming into sight. Her dog runs by her heels and sniffs the ground intently. He lets out a little yip of excitement before charging towards Logan hidden partially by the woods undergrowth. She follows behind him, her face creased up with nerves. The dog bursts through the bush and leaps on Logan.

"Oof." The sound escapes Logan as his bottom hits the floor as the dog's full weight bears down on him.

"Logan." She appears before him, her eyes nervously flitting around them. She leans down and takes his arm. She helps him to his feet; even with her much smaller height she helps him stay stable. He looks down at her with confusion, what is she doing here? "Tell me quick, is that man helping you or taking you away to be killed?" She asks in a rush.

"He is my brother. He would never harm me." They both hear the soft sound of hooves hitting dirt. "What are you doing out here?"

"I was going to bring you some more food but then I saw that man head down into the dungeons. He works for Gethin, you know that do you not?"

Logan frowns and pulls away from her. "My brother would never work for someone like him. You must be mistaken."

She licks her lips nervously and twiddles a strand of pure white hair with her fingers. "I am not mistaken. He threatened me!" She flinches as the sound of hooves grows closer. "Please, Logan, I do not believe you are safe with him. I can hide you, come with me quickly." She begs.

Logan shakes his head. "You should run. Hunter will not trust you to go home if you do not leave now." She shakes and then nods her head slowly.

"At least I warned you." She breaks away. "I hope your trust in him is well founded."

Her eyes suddenly go wide and she hits out frantically with her arms. Hunter stands behind her, one arm holding her in place around her waist, the other securing a cloth to her mouth. She fights frantically before going limp in his arm. Logan scowls at him but Hunter remains expressionless. He drops the cloth and pushes her hair out of the way. He presses his fingers to her neck and counts slowly. Satisfied that her heart beat is still steady, he lifts her up into his arms.

"Was that really necessary?" Logan asks with barely concealed irritation. Hunter smirks and looks down at the girl in his arms.

"This way she cannot go and tell anyone till morning and it stops them planting any blame on her." Hunter cheek twitches with amusement. "You care about people far too quickly." He lays her down gently, despite his words, on the ground. "She'll be fine here, unless you wish to bring her along?"

"No. She has already risked far too much for a stranger." Hunter helps him up onto the bay horse and then mounts his own dark black steed. They both pick up their reins and head deeper into the woods. Logan allows his horse to just follow after Hunter's. He has to trust that Hunter has a route planned out.