Difficult Roads Lead to Beautiful Destinations (Hypothetically)

Magsimula sa umpisa

Davina's stunning smile stared back from behind the glass of the frame, her blue eyes twinkling with mirth as she leaned her head against Imogen's temple and the sister's wrapped their arms around each other as they looked straight into the camera. The photo had been taken by Sophie Deveraux moments before the older witches had left on their vacation, only minutes after Imogen had practically smothered her sister in a tight embrace that nearly cut off her breathing and threatened to never let go until Sophie had to physically break them apart.

The pain of not seeing her sister for a month was a constant ache in her chest, a reminder that something conspicuous was missing from her life, but the knowledge that Davina was alive soothed the agony.

"Go back to sleep, darling." Elijah whispered quietly from behind her, his melodic voice rough with sleep as he tightened his hold on her waist and she let her eyes fall close for a moment as she relaxed into his embrace with a small smile.

The pain may fade, but scars serve as a reminder of our suffering, and make the bearer all the more resolved.

The flames from the bonfire bathed Imogen in a natural glow while she sat on a wooden log that had been repurposed as a bench for the bonfire and she rubbed her hands together in front of herself, trying to use the friction of skin on skin to warm them. The chill in the night air caused her to shiver slightly as she tugged her leather jacket tighter around her body and her brunette hair swayed untameably in the wind that bristled the leaves in the trees above.

Even through the coldness of the evening, an elated grin played on her lips as she observed the men, women and children gathered around the opposing bonfire on the other side of the camp.

Satisfaction coursed through her veins as she reluctantly turned her attention to the burning embers that smouldered in front of her, allowing them the privacy to celebrate their achievement in peace. The only reason that her presence had been tolerated that evening was because Hayley vouched for Imogen's discretion and the need for her abilities greatly outweighed their distrust of a French Quarter witch.

It had been a surprise for Imogen to return home to her apartment building that afternoon to find Hayley waiting for her in the lobby, but she was more than pleased to invite the pregnant werewolf in when she'd asked for a moment of time. After exchanging pleasantries while Imogen made them both cups of tea, the conversation had almost seamlessly transitioned to the fact that that night was the full moon and while most werewolves would be cursed to spend the night in canine form, the Crescent Moon pack would be human the first time that month. It was also the first full moon to occur since Hayley was able to obtain a counter elixir for the spell and in her words, she wasn't going to trust 'a mutli-faced, vindictive sociopath on a stupid quest based on jealousy'.

The moon was full in the sky above as Imogen shifted her weight uncomfortably on the wooden makeshift bench and she bit down on her lower lip nervously as she turned her attention to the wolves surrounding the cauldron over the campfire on the other side of the campsite. It had only taken a few minutes for the witch to cast a few spells that determined that the elixir wasn't poisonous and that the wolves wouldn't keel over the second the liquid touched their lips. Imogen and Hayley had both agreed that the probability of Celeste deceiving them was nearing a hundred percent so they were pleasantly surprised that the elixir was functions.

Jackson, the alpha of the pack, was standing beside the cauldron with Hayley and ladling a small portion of the potion into cups for every member of the pack to receive when they got to the front of the line. There were only a few members of the pack awaiting their turn to drink the mixture, whilst the others who had already taken the cure were enjoying the opportunity to socialize in human form for the first that month.