Chapter IV

Silent for a moment. The question was so obvious. Did he even need to answer the question?

"Of course." Levi said glancing back at Hanji. "Just look at that mess." As he continued to refer to the absolute mess that was Hanji. Levi scowled back at her as she smiled politely staring back. With an intended demeanor  of hatred towards Hanji. The brunette continued to wear the sheepish smile that Levi saw when she broke through his door. 

The commander made his way towards a cabinet pulling out contents in a bag. He lifted them towards the two. A plastic bag containing a few illegal items that were absolutely forbidden during Military actions and precautions. Her auburn eyes darted towards the bag naming out each of the contents. 

"Alcohol. MDMA and dimethyl triptomine." She mentioned. Still clearly intoxicated from the alcohol that Hanji has consumed. Nothing in that bag wasn't mentioned by the military's own superior intelligence. 

"Correct." Erwin stated before placing down the bag. Staring at the both of them. Levi crossed his arms and stared back towards Erwin.

"I didn't harbor such." He mentioned shooting a glare at Hanji. Immediately Levi concluded that Hanji had the drugs in the first place.  "After all she did know the names." Instantly she giggled from the remarks that Levi made. 

    Was this all some sort of joke to her? He thought glaring back. Though he didn't harbor the drugs and alcohol that was brought to the commander's attention he did harbor a great hatred for the woman sitting only a few inches away from him. 

  "In your own very different ways and I can't afford to loose you both. The consumption of alcohol is absolutely forbidden in this base and it will result in some harsh consequences if I find out that ist either of you."  

His blue eyes darted towards Hanji lifting the contents from the bag once more. Questioning her  was pointless. The signs all pointed towards her obviously. "Did you take these drugs and drink this alcohol?" 

Both expected an answer from her. Levi in particular wanted Hanji to be caught. Expelled. Exploited out of the military base for her deeds. Silence filled the room. Waiting for a response form her was tedious. Was she thinking of an excuse? Or was she simply trying to compose herself from her sickness? Either wouldn't know until she'd open her mouth. Probably pry it open if Levi ever had to.  

Silently Hanji stared. Trying to compose herself. The words that the commander spoke were incomprehensible. Her confused look told Erwin one of two things. One- she didn't do it. And two- 

"Nope."  "I didn't do it." She said. Levi instantly shooting hanji a glare as she answered. He knew that she did. Levi giving Hanji a look of disgust. The lie disgusted Levi and he knew that the commander wasn't going to believe Hanji either-

"Than was it you Levi?" Erwin asked before Levi shot as glare at Erwin. To think that Erwin even had that he slightest suspicion. Questioning why Hanji was getting drunk just to come over to Levi's because was the one harboring the drinks; was absolute. "Bullsh*t." Levi stated. 

 "I didn't do it." She murmured under her sleeping stance. Levi giving Hanji a look of disgust. The lie disgusted Levi and he knew that the commander wasn't going to believe Hanji either- 

"Alright." The commander confirmed before stepping away. Levi giving Erwin a look of shock. To actually believe that he was going to let Hanji pass through this. 

"Erwin." Levi began as he gestured towards Hanji. "This volatile creature has broken into property. Vandalized bathroom toiletries and violated personal space."

"Yes, Levi I'm clearly aware of your situation." He said. "But Hanji' has been lifted from her charges of robbery and theft-" Erwin stated which was something that enraged Levi. He stood from his chair, yanking the collar from her shirt. 

Pulling her close as she drifted off lightly.  Levi didn't understand the situation. Pointing a finger towards her he questioned Erwin, "You're going to lift your charges off of THIS?" 

"Yes." Erwin mentioned. While Hanji hung from the collar. It took time for Levi to process. Hanji placing a hand on Levi's wrist she muttered almost chocking from Levi's grasp. 

"With all do respect sir I was doing it off of complete voluntary gestures. I tried to get to the nearest bathroom in order to not vandalize anything important of the military base."

"On the second damn floor?"

"Damn right." She said as Levi threw her back into her seat with a shove. He stood there an unimaginable dislike towards her.  Tension quickly grew in the room as Levi's anger expanded. The short enraged man glared towards her. Demanding the correct answer from her.  

Sitting across the room. Puzzled she looked towards Levi. 

"Levi your hostility towards comrades needs to be diluted in order for you to stay as well." Erwin said. Levi sitting down as the frustrated man himself. His anger leeched in every direction of the room. Filling it to the brim with silence. "Both you and Hanji can be exploited from this place if chosen to any involvement of alcohol or drugs is strictly agains the code but I strongyl believe that it was neither of you." Erwin stated. 

As the words passed through one ear and out another Levi could barely believe the words that were coming out of the commander's mouth. Erwin knows well that Hanji wasn't drinking when she's clearly intoxicated and now he's become a victim of this unfortunate situation. 

 "I know quite fell of a fact that neither of you did this." Erwin said. "And you both will be relieved from any suspicion of your duties." The words escaped from his mouth. Almost instantly Levi lifted from his chair. As agile as he was he made his way towards the door. 

"But I need to clarify things before you both are off the hook for good." He mentioned just as soon as Levi quickly made his exit. 

"I know well that you both didn't do it. But that doesn't mean that the situation is gone forever." Erwin implied.

"As you know I'm quite busy with the subordinates and the attendance here at this base-" 

"I don't have time for any real investigation of the area so I ask that you you two to investigate the ones that did consume this alcohol. When you do you will both be free from any suspicion and exploitation." Silent as the both of them were. Levi stood there with regression building up. Hanji clearly out of her right mind. the words that he heard were absolutely unbelievable. 

He glared back at her with deep hatred. 

"You both are skilled fighters on the battlefield I expect that the two of you work together to become an even better team." 

"Do I make myself clear?" He questions. "As bad as Levi wanted to reject he couldn't
At that rate the position that he's in could be in jeopardy if he doesn't get down to the bottom of the illegal alcohol problem. 

He stood up leaving. With a firm tone in his voice Levi suppressed his anger and left the room. "Fine." 

The Contrasting DispositionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara