Chapter 4 : This class is ridiculous

Defense Against the Dark Arts, that's the class we were currently in. The group was a mix of Griffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. I had hope for this year because our teacher seemed to have the qualities required to be a good professor. In front of us was a tall wardrobe who was rattling violently.

"Intriguing, yes?" Mr Lupin starts. " Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what's inside?" He asks the class

"That's a Boggart, that is." Dean says

"Very good, Mr Thomas." He congrats him. "Now, can anybody tell me what a Boggart looks like?"

"No one knows." Hermione says. When'd she get here?

"When'd she get here?" Ron says, voicing my thoughts

"Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears most. That's what makes them so..."

"Terrifying, yes. Luckily, a very simple charm exist to repel a Boggart. Let's practice it now, without wands. After me... Riddikulus!"

"Riddikulus." We all say in synch

"Very good, a little louder, very clear listen. Riddikulus!" He repeats

"Riddikulus!" We say louder

"This class is ridiculous." Draco says

"Shut up Malfoy." I spat

"Very good.  So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a Boggart off is... laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Neville, come up here, will you?"

Neville hesitates."Come on, don't be shy." Mr Lupin encourages him and he walks to him. "Hello, now, what frightens you most of all?"

Neville whispers something or should I say mumble.

"What was that?"

"Professor Snape." He says and we all laugh.

"Professor Snape... Frightens us all..." The teacher says. "And I believe that you live with your grandmother?"

"Yes, but I don't want that Boggart to turn into her either." He says and we laugh again.

"No, it won't, but I want you to picture her clothes, only her clothes, very clearly in your mind."

"She carries a red handbag..."

"We don't need to hear, as long as you see it, we'll see it. Now, when I open up that wardrobe, here's what I want you to do." He whispers something to Neville. "Can you do that? Yes, wand at the ready. One, Two, Three..." He opens up the door with his wand  and Professor Snape steps out.

Neville looked scared out of his wits but he still managed to do the spell and Snape ended up with his grandmother's clothes. The whole class roared with laughter.

"Wonderful Neville, back to the class, everyone form a line!"

Everyone ran and Draco's friends started to push the other students.

"I want you all to picture what they fear the mosts and make it funny." The professor says and put on some music. "Ron!"

Ron went first and the Boggart transformed into a giant spider. He said the spell and the spider now had rollerblades on his feet.

"Wonderful! Next, Parvati!"

She walked up and the Boggart transformed into a giant snake. Riddikulus and the snake was now a Jack in the box. I don't know how she finds that less scary that the snake, that Jack in the box looks like he would kill you in your sleep.

"And next, Hannah!"

I walk to the Boggart and wait in wonder to see what it will turn into. I didn't want it to turn into a Dementor nor Voldemort, instead, a corpse was lying on the ground with a small puddle of blood around it. I walked slowly towards it when suddenly, I recognized the face of my brother.

A scream climbs up my throat and tears are building up on the edge of my eyes. I stare at Harry's body, completely forgetting that I was in a class at Hogwarts and instead I believe that what's happening is true.

"Come on, Hannah, you can do this!" I hear a faint voice say

How could I have failed him like this? How did I failed to protect him? Was it Voldemort's doing or Sirius Black? I feel a strong hand on my shoulder and I turn slightly to see Professor Lupin looking at me with... Pity? Or is it understanding?

I look back to my brother's dead body and manage the courage of doing the spell. Instead of Harry being dead, it's him flying on a broomstick around the class, much more happy and much more... Alive.

"Great job Hannah, come here." Lupin tells me and I sat down on the table next to him.

Harry came up next, he walked up to it spearing me a worried glance when a Dementor came out of the closet.

Lupin ran in front of Harry and the Boggart changed into a full moon... Strange. He yelled the spelled and the the moon deflates like a punctured balloon. He then send it back in to the wardrobe.

"Ahh, well sorry about that, I think that's enough for the day..."

I walk to Harry who was staring at nothing. "Are you alright?" I ask him

He nods. "Are you... Are you really scared that I'm going to die?" He asks me softly and I look down at the floor. "Please, Hannah, talk to me."

"I, I didn't know what to do..."

"I love you sister, please remember that. I not leaving you anytime soon." He says and hug me tight

"I love you too Harry."

We stay there for a few seconds before walking out with the rest of the class.