Chapter 1 : The girl who lived

The night Lord Voldemort killed Lily and James Potter and attempted to kill not only Harry but Hannah, was the beginning of a life full of adventure, loss and love for the Potter twins. Most people knew the story of the boy who lived, but not the girl. With the looks of  her mother plus the lightning bolt shaped scar on the left side of her forehead , Hannah will have to pass through a lot of dangers with her friends and family.

"Harry, Hannah!"

The two of us bounds down the stairs into the hall where our aunt and cousin were.

"Well, go on. Open it." Aunt Petunia says gesturing to the door

Harry reached for the door knob when it bursts open and our large aunt Marge waddles in with her large waddling bulldog. Our aunts start talking about her boring trip on the train...

"Uncle Vernon. I need you to sign this form." Harry says, handing our uncle a paper

"What is it?" He asks

"Nothing. Something for school..." Harry replies

"Later perhaps. If you behave."

"We will if she does." I say talking about Waddling Aunt Marge

Talking about her, she turns to us.

"So. Still here are you?" She says

"Yes." I answer

"Don't say 'yes' in that ungrateful tone. Damn good for my brother to keep you, if you ask me." She turns to Vernon and Petunia. "They'd have been straight to an orphanage if they'd been dumped on my doorstep."

After dinner when my brother and I are cleaning the dishes, Uncle Vernon brings out a bottle of Brandy.

"Can I tempt you, Marge?" He demands her

"Just a small one." Even though she kept saying 'A bit more' while he was filing her glass. "Aah. Excellent nosh Petunia. It's normally just a fry-up for me, what with twelve dogs."

She lowers her glass of brandy and lets her dog take a slobbery lap out of the glass. Harry and I were looking at the image with disgust when she catches us looking.

"What are you fools smirking at! Where is it that you sent them, Vernon?"

"St. Brutus's. Managed to get the girl in too. It's a first-rate institution for hopeless cases."

At hearing this, both Harry and I frown and glances at Vernon who sent us a dark glare.

"I see. And do they use the cane at St. Brutus's, boy?" She asks Harry

"Oh, yes. I've been beaten loads of times." He sarcastically replies

At hearing his tone, I hold back myself from laughing and Harry sends me a small smile at the corner of his lips.

"Excellent. I won't have this namby-pamby wishy-washy nonsense about not hitting people who deserve it." She takes another sip of her drink. "Still. Mustn't blame yourself for how these two turned out, Vernon. It all comes down to blood. Bad blood will out. What is it the children's father did, Petunia?"

"Nothing. That is... He didn't work, he was unemployed." She answers agitated

"Of course. And a drunk, I expect..."

Getting angry, we both cut her off.

"That's a lie." We say

"What did you say?" Marge ask us.

"Our dad wasn't a drunk." I coldly tell her

Then, the glass in her hand exploded. We both look at it surprised

"Oh my goodness! Marge!" Petunia screams

"Not to worry, Petunia. I have a very firm grip."

"You go to bed. Now." Vernon tells us angry.

"Quiet, Vernon. It doesn't matter about the father. In the end it comes down to the mother. You see it all time with the dogs. If there's something wrong with the mother, there'll be something wrong with the pup..."

"Shut up! Shut up!" Harry screams at her. He always had a shorter temper than me. I was reacting the same way, but on the inside.

As Marge was about to reply, she started to billow, her whole body starts to billow. And she starts to inflate like a monstrous ballon. She then start to float out of the window with Vernon trying to catch her.

Harry and I runs up the stairs and star to pack our bags. When done, we run down the stairs with our trunks and wand in hand.

"YOU BRING HER BACK! YOU BRING HER BACK AND PUT HER RIGHT!" Vernon screams at us

"No! She deserved what she got!" I say

"And you... You keep away from us!" Harry says while stepping in front of me in a protective manner.

Uncle Vernon eyes our wands nervously.

"You're not allowed to do magic out of school. They won't have you now. You've got nowhere to go."

We realize that what he's saying is true. We give each other a knowing look.

"Anywhere's better than here." He replies and we walk out of the door