Ah, there we go!!!

Learning this type of Alchemy was quite challenging for it was a change of subject. First, the plant-based Alchemy was based around Biology rather than Chemistry. Alphonse and I had to recap our knowledge on Biology and the research we witnessed with... Mr. Tucker. On one session, I turned to Alphonse, my eyes becoming red with the memory. His whites, they were the same pigment as mine. That night was full of reflection. Thankfully, Russell and his little brother managed to afford spare rooms for us to rest in - I'd be closer to Alphonse if I needed comfort... But I'd also be closer to Russell to my fortune.

After recapping our minds, we physically started to learn the ways of the Agricultural Alchemy. We were both taught the geometry of the Transmutation circle and the quickest rout to drawing it. We also learned what the Agricultural Alchemy uses and it's abilities; all seemed pretty helpful and quite neat, but from there; Alphonse and I were taught separately. Before I could insist that I be taught by Russell, Alphonse already asked to be paired with Fletcher. The pairing couldn't be any better! Before Alphonse lost his memory, the two got along pretty well; their kind-hearted personalities made them the perfect match. 

"So," Russell would say as I stood opposite him, beginning the lesson. I was pretty 'pumped' about this, having my first tuition with Russell and of course, I'd learn the ways of his Alchemic abilities. "I hear you're a dog of the Military." He'd continue, resting his pale hands upon his hips. For some reason, when looking at his hands I noticed that his fashion sense hadn't changed - he was still wearing the same clothes... Hopefully he'd changed them after all these years.

To his mention of the State Alchemist nick name, I frowned. I wasn't sick of people calling me by such names, but it started to get unoriginal. If they have the guts to call me a dog, at least don't add them words along with it.

"Pretty unoriginal," I'd speak my mind, still frowning although I could feel my brows twitching. The eye contact I made with him tensed my muscles, forcing my heart rate to increase. In fact, I could feel my heart pump against my ribs, urging me to place my hand against the area. Although, my hands stayed firmly by my side.

"Alright, I'm sorry." He'd apologize, realising that I wasn't a State Alchemist who approved of that nick name, "It's just that most Dogs like to be called nicknames." I huffed at this comment, to which Russell chucked.

"Fine," I'd say, clapping my hands together. Had the boy already seen the transmutation circles implanted on my palms? Well, I hoped he hadn't. I'd kneel downwards in a swift motion, slamming my palms upon the floor, watching it form into a wall, moving towards Russell. The lad simply moved towards the right side, letting the stone smash into the wall.

"Whelp, you've ruined the town's barn, haven't ya'?" He'd say, making me frown even more. Russell obviously knew how to be an asshole, although still looking into his grey iris' without laughing nervously was a challenge present.

Before I could say something to oppose my slight frustration, Russell seemed to become serious, probably  noticing that I was getting a bit frustrated with his teasing.

"Hey, I was just messing with ya'." He'd say, walking out of the smoke and in front of me where he'd kneel to might height, staring into my eyes. As always, I tensed with my brows slightly twitching in attempts of trying not to smile.

"I know you're not a dog. I dog wouldn't give me the money to afford a house now would they?" He'd comment, placing his hands upon his knees. I wished he'd come closer, just enough to brush the hair out of my face.

"If you are a dog, you'd be a different dog. One that actually doesn't look out for themselves but for others." Russell continued, his vocals smooth, sending shivers down my spine.

"Thanks for the compliment," I said with firm, strong vocals. Truly, I was attempting to hide the flush of heat centring around my chest and core. "Now, lets get started."

The lesson was quite fun, learning the motives of Agricultural Alchemy and also learning that Russell had a sense of humour, contrasting against his ability to become an ass. After the lesson I had a rest by a nearby willow tree to catch my breath; of course I was accompanied by Russell whom sat beside me, resting his head on his hands and leaning them against the bark of the fairly large tree.

"Liking the view?'' He asked, staring out into the setting sun as I did.

"Yes. You don't get views like this in Central." I'd comment, keeping my eyes on the horizon and the scenery bellow. It was true, in the most populated areas of Amestris, views like this were hard to come by. But when within the smaller villages, they're everywhere. Russell was bound to find a place like this.

''So, what is your opinion on my teaching?' Russell asked with a curious look on his face as he stared into my eyes which caused my heart yet again to beat faster; I turned away before colour could blossom in my cheeks.

''I think you're actually alright at it, but quit the wittiness and joking around!'' I said, obviously as a joke. In truth, I didn't mind the witty behaviour of Russell.

''Oh, now that's a hard one to let go of, (Name). I don't think I'll survive'' The Alchemist teased some more and I would sigh.

From then on, we went to talk more on my job as a 'dog' for the military, in which I persuaded Russell to never mention the nickname of dog again and for once I believe he would actually do it, as for his wittiness...I don't think that will ever change. The sun went down pretty fast and so did our food for conversation, causing us to head home where Alphonse and Fletcher were waiting patiently.

I still felt the change in my pocket from the day I thought I was going to have a sandwich for dinner, I hadn't removed the coins from my pocket. That day, I was happy to hear that Russell would be providing dinner; as he had for the previous days. He wasn't the best chief, but his dishes were reasonable. Of course, the didn't match Gracia's pie or Trisha's - I guess nobody could match their talent in the kitchen.

After dinner, I went back to the guest room I was given to sleep in which was pretty cosy, consisting of a fairly large and comfortable bed, a desk in which I presumed was for studying and finally, a window that had a perfect view of the forest. That night, I had one of the best nights sleep I had ever had, too bad I could not remember my dream however.