Prologue

"MAGS!" My mother's voice came from downstairs. "Come down, breakfast is ready!"

"Okay, mom, coming!"

"Come on, they're announcing the Hunger Games!"

At that, I jumped and bolted down the stairs.

Our house was fairly big, since we were one of the richest families in district 4.

I sat next to my mother as my sister sat on the other couch with my brother.

"Alicia, Tom, come sit her with us!" I smiled at them. Alicia was one year older than me, 16. And Tom was 2 years younger than me, 14.

They sat next to us on the couch and we all watched as the screen lit up. My father was still at work, in our bakery. 

President Snow started saying a speech which I didn't pay much attention to, then, he picked out a card.

"For the first Quarter Quell, to prove that even outsiders don't have enough power to over power the capitol, we will be picking 24 contestants from another country, and 24 consestants from panem, the outsiders do have special powers. Happy Hunger Games!"

"Ugh, THERE'S NOTHING HAPOY ABOUT THEM!"

I stomped up to my room and shut the door. After a bit, I heard a knock. I didn't answer, but Alicia came in anyway.

She sat next to me and put an arm around my shoulders. "It's gonna be okay, sis, don't cry!" I was crying? I wasn't fully aware of those tears that were staining my cheeks, until Alicia erased a few with her thumb.

Why was I crying?

"Alicia... 48 people are risking death this year, and 47 of them are gonna die. 1 will come out, probably scarred from what he saw in there. What if one of us gets picked? What if Tom gets picked? He'll die the second he enters that arena."

"Mags, chill, breath, don't cry. There's nothing to be worried about. We're safe."

"We're safe," she said reassuringly, more to herself than to me.

"Sis, where do you think the people are from?"

"No idea, we'll find out soon enough."

***********************
"Sirius!" Laura called my name, over and over, wanting me to come downstairs. I finally went and there she was, Laura Riddle, my ONE TRUE LOVE! She looked magnificent, as always.

"Ah, Laura, you look magnificent! I'm blinded by your beauty!"

She giggled. "Your so cheesy, baby. But I love you!"

"Ugh, I love you more!"

"No, I love you more!"

"I DO, STOP IT!" I pushed her against the wall, trailing kisses down her neck. When I reached her chin, I stopped.

I pushed her harder against the wall, our bodies touching. "Kiss me already, Black."

I took in a deep breath and kissed her.

"Oh, yuck, will you two get up and stop, yuck, I'm scarred for life!"

I looked up to see James's disgusted face as he stared at us. Laura was blushing and my cheeks turned red.

We both got dressed and went down to the great hall, holding hands. We sat at a table with James, Remus, Peter, and Vennessa, Laura's friend.

James was telling the story of how he caught us kissing. "And now I can't get that DISGUSTING seen out of my head."

"Hello? We're here, you've been blessed," Laura said, we all laughed at that. 

we sat at the table and talked about this and that, until Dumbledore stood up and said, "SILENCE! Attention here, please, there is an important announcement I need to make."

He then stopped and said, "but, it will be made by a special guest from Panem! Put your hands together for President Snow!"

there was silence, followed by me asking, "WHO'S PRESIDENT SNOW?" 

"WHAT'S A PANEM?" James asked. 

"Thank you, mister Black and Potter, for the excellent questions. Panem is a country that you know not about, they hold a special event every year, named The Hunger Games. The Games have been started 25 years ago, so this year is what they call a "Quarter Quell" and in this Quarter Quell, they are picking 24 people from Hogwarts and the whole wizarding world!"

"WHAT ARE THE HUNGER GAMES ANYWAY?" someone shouted from the Hufflepuff table.

"The Hunger Games is a game, where 24 people fight for their life, and only one can survive until the end." 

I looked at Laura, who was now in tears, probably scared. 

"it's okay, baby, they won't choose you." 

"th-that's n-not wh-wh-what I'm af-afraid of. wh-what if-f-f they-they chose you??" she broke down in tears and I just hugged her, letting her be. She truly was the only one I will ever love, and if they chose her, I don't know what I would do. 

wait, what if they chose us both? No, No, that won't happen. would- no, no it won't. I shouldn't think like that.

just then, the doors opened, and in came who I assumed was President Snow.

He walked straight up to the podium. "People of Hogwarts, I am here to explain to you all about the Hunger Games, and how you will fight in them. I am President Snow, from Panem, but I assume you already know that. without further due, let's get started. 25 years ago, the 13th District started a rebellion against the Capitol, but of course the Capitol won and we demolished District 13. Then, to make sure that no one rebels again, we started the Hunger Games, an annual event in which we pick two people from each of the twelve Districts to compete in the Hunger Games as tributes. Usually, there are 24 tributes, 12 girls and 12 boys, ages 12 to 18, but this year, there will be 48 tributes, 24 from here, and 24 from Panem. The Reaping will take place on September  31st, 2 days from now. Get ready, and Happy Hunger Games." 

We all clapped out of fear and  he left the great Hall without a word. Laura was still hugging me tightly, she was shaking from fear. i lifted her chin up. "babe, it's okay we're gonna be okay." 

She looked at me like I was crazy. "NOTHING IS OKAY, MY FATHER HAS TAKEN OVER THE WIZARDING WORLD, AND I BET HE'S THE ONE BEHIND ALL THIS, TRYING TO PUNISH ME FOR NOT JOINING HIM. THERE'S A CRAZY EVENT COMING UP THAT'S GONNA KILL 47 PEOPLE, AND I'M PRETTY SURE THE LAST ONE WILL BE SCARRED FOR LIFE, AND WHAT IF THEY PICK YOU OR ME? OR MAYBE EVEN BO-" 

I cut her off by kissing her. "Chill, baby, everyone's looking at you." she gave me a small laugh, and I started eating, while feeding her from my plate, since she was refusing to eat anything with her own hands. She  had the right to be angry though, her father was Voldemort, and she was about to follow his footsteps, if I hadn't taught her how to love. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N: I know that Mags was about 30 by then, but it's my story so sorry, but seriously please don't hate or correct me, I know the ages, I'm a HUGE fan of both, Harry potter and The Hunger Games. 

THANKS FOR READING!! Tell me your thoughts so far, please.