Part VII

I pull my backpack to my shoulders. 'First day of school, how exciting!' I smile at myself and walk to my mirror to make look at myself. I wear a navy blue skirt, long sleeve navy blue shirt with a bow tied around, gray shoes and long white socks. The school uniform. 'Like the same in all my old schools, very bland...maybe I can make this more original...' I look around and spot my red headband. I grab the headband and put it over my short quills. I look at myself again and smile.
"That's better."
I reach for my phone to check the time when Cream texts me.
"First day! Are you ready to go? I'll be meeting you outside your building :)"
I text back.
"Okay, I'll be down soon! :3"
I hurry to my door and head out into the hallway. I close my door behind me, as I lock it, I hear my name being called.
"Hey Amy!"
I turn around and see Tails walking towards me waving. I wave back and smile.
"Good morning Tails, it's nice to see you"
He smiles.
"Well it's the first day of school and I guess the least I can do is wish you luck before you head off."
I start walking and he follows.
"Will you be at the school later?"
He sighs.
"I'll probably be there before lunch, and maybe eat lunch if I have the time... I'm still working on my project..."
'That reminds me...'
"Would you perhaps like to show me sometime your project?"
He blushes, seeming shocked that someone asked to see his project.
"M-maybe... it's not in the best shape right now.... but my roommate always bugs me about it, he really wants to see it just like you do..."
I jerk my head to him, confused.
"Roommate? I didn't know you shared a room with someone..."
He stares me blankly.
"Oh right! He left about an hour ago... I'm sorry, well my roommate is a pretty nice guy, my best friend to be fair, his name is-"
"AMY!"
As me and Tails reach the lobby, I hear Cream calling for me.
"AMY COME ON! WERE GONNA BE LATE!"
'Late?!' I gulp. I turn to Tails.
"Forgive me Tails, I must go."
Before he could say anything I run off to Cream, when I reach her I panic.
"We better get going if we are going to be late!"
I start to quickly move passes the people on the sidewalk.
"Amy! Wait up!"
I slowly stop for Cream to catch up. She reaches me and I start to panic even more.
"We better hurry Cream, we don't want to be late on our first day!"
I start to quickly run but Cream grabs onto my arm.
"Amy! I was only kidding, we aren't late for school..."
I stare at her blankly.
"W-what?"
She looks into my eyes and I stare into her bright ocean blue eyes.
"We aren't late Amy, we still have time..."
I blink.
"A-ah... why did you say we were going to be late?"
I felt her gaze move to the floor, she hides her blushing face as she does.
"Why are you blushing Cream?"
She looks at me from the corner of her eye.
"I-its... uhm... T-that f-fox you were w-with..."
I look at her confused.
"Tails? Do you know him? Ah! Did he do something horrible to you? Is that the reason you wanted me to get away?"
I worry but she jolts her head up to me in a less concerning matter.
"N-no! Nothing like that! It's m-more... different..."
I look her her, and she starts to walk away past me. I turn around and catch up to her.
"Different? What do you mean Cream?"
She continues walking and I focus my eyes on her while passing through the people on the sidewalk.
"Well, you see... I k-kinda... like him..."
I look at her confused.
"Like? I like Tails as well Cream."
She giggles.
"N-no Amy, not like that..."
I turn forward and think, looking towards the ground. 'These commoners make no sense... doesn't like mean you think kindly of the other?' I stare at Cream utterly confused, she looks at me and turns even redder, just as Knuckles did with Rouge.
"Why are you looking at me like that?"
"I don't quite understand what you mean by 'not like that'"
She giggles.
"Amy? What I mean is I have a crush on him..."
"A crush?"
She stops walking, and I jerk my feet to stop me from running into her. I face her and she stares at me.
"You don't know what a crush is?"
I shake my head. 'A crush? It sounds to me that it would be someone you would despise...'
"Ah, I bet it's because your from a different city... maybe... but a crush is someone you really like, like you would want to be in a r-relationship with them... or like, always be with them..."
She smiles. And I process what she said. 'A crush? Well I don't believe I've ever had one... seems to me that since I was bound to marry Shadow, i didn't have much to think about any other hedgehog...I had to be loyal as my father said, but I don't want to be married Shadow... I don't as Cream puts it, have a 'crush' on him whatsoever...' As I think, Cream speaks to me, surprising me.
"Amy, do you have a crush? I find it weird you never knew what a crush was at first..."
I stare at her.
"A so called crush, is someone you can see yourself having a so called relationship with... correct?"
Cream nods her head. The first thought in my head was the color blue. I shake my head and blush.
"N-no... not that I recall... however, I did just move to the city..."
Cream puffs.
"I was hoping you had a certain person who you would consider your Prince Charming..."
She pouts and I giggle. 'Prince Charming? Shadow is far from being charming... more so mysterious...'
"So you have a 'crush' on Tails, why don't you tell him?"
Cream shutters and becomes tense, she blushes madly.
"I-I could never! H-he...I-I... h-haven't actually had a conversation with h-him..."
She takes a deep breath.
"Since he doesn't go to our school... I don't get to see him as often... and I never got the chance to talk to him..."
I can't help ask her.
"Then why do you have these feelings towards him Cream?"
She smiles brightly.
"Well it's a lonnnnggg story..."
I smile at her, meaning to her to tell me her story. She giggles.
"Well...as a freshman... I didn't know where any of my classes were...One specific hedgehog, with blonde quills, she helped me... she became a friend to me, my first actual friend. But it was all a lie..."
Her ears flop down and I stare confused.
"A lie?"
She sighs.
"The last day of school... My friend... or ex-friend, she humiliated me in front of him... she knew I liked Tails... a lot, since I told her everything being my best friend. Tails to me was a sweet, kind and smart fox... but I could never get close to him without me actually talking, I got to nervous. However, on Valentine's Day... She gave me the courage to talk to him...she convinced me to tell him after school, she told me that she set up place for me to talk to him. Under the biggest cherry tree in the school yard. After school, I was nervous, and scared, but I felt confident to tell him how I felt on Valentine's Day. When I got to the biggest cherry tree, he was waiting. I got there and he started to question what was happening... and I tired to explain but I couldn't force the words out of me. Then I see my friend make a crowd with a bunch of people from our school, I got even more nervous and I realized that she was never my friend... she used me, to humiliate me and gain popularity. Above the tree, i saw someone, a green hedgehog holding to what seemed to be a bucket. He dumped over our heads a bucket of ice cold water. I pushed Tails out of the way, but I got soaked. Everyone laughed, I looked at Tails and he seemed to be disappointed. I ran away, upset behind the school away from everyone. My phone was soaked so I had to wait for my Blaze to get out of her Chemistry Club to give me a ride home. I sat alone at the bench trying to get dry in the cold. Then Tails comes and puts his jacket over me, he sits next to me and thanks me for pushing him out of the way. He tells me that I shouldn't have been treated like that, he told me that when I ran away, he told the green hedgehog and my ex-friend off. He revived a black eye from the green hedgehog. As I started at him, all he did was smile at me. He comforted me, and I feel in love with him... The next day, we walked passed the halls together and he waves at me but I couldn't move and ran off... and it stayed like that for the longest time... I never got to actually tell him my feelings and I doubt he knows I like him a lot... but after that, he started getting into engineering and even got his scholarship, so he doesn't technically have to be at the school... I hardly get to see him anymore, so I usually hang around the garage where he builds and just watch him from afar... I honestly can't have the courage to talk to him... I still feel embarrassed about the whole situation... and now I cant talk to him without having to run away... I don't know what's wrong with me Amy... it's like a bad habit I can't get rid of..."
Cream looks at me as I engage in her story. My heart breaks for her. 'How upsetting, she loves Tails but she has no courage to talk to him anymore...'  Cream notices my sadness.
"Don't feel bad Amy! It's not your fault! But you have to pinky promise me you'll keep this between us, okay?"
I stare at her, confused.
"Pinky promise?"
She hold out her hand and extends her pinky, she grabs my wrist.
"Hold out your pinky like this Amy"
I do as I'm told and extend my pinky like Cream has it. Cream wraps he small finger around mine and looks up at me.
"This is a pinky promise, means you have to keep it a secret, not matter what."
I smile. 'Is this how commoners give trust to one another?' I tightly hold onto Cream's small pinky with mine and nod my head.
"I promise by my pinkie finger that I shall not tell your secret"
Cream smiles brightly and let's go of my pinky, she looks up and yelps. I question her.
"Amy, we are gonna be late!"
I laugh.
"Are you telling me a lie again Cream?"
Cream jumps impatiently and shakes her head.
"No! Not this time! I'm serious! We got five minuets to make it to class!"
I jump and start to run, Cream follows behind and we both run towards the school. 'The first day of public school and I'm already late'
~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

_/(•^•)\_

AN:
Sorry it's so late upload, school has taken all my time and also dance😅 I promise with all the free time I'll get as much writing as I can done! Thanks so much, hope you enjoy!
-Lucy❤️