Better

I woke up on Micah's chest, all of my tears dried up and none looking to fall soon. I remembered back to last night, when I pressed my lips against Micah's and he put his hand against my back, pulling me closer. We stayed like that for hours, until I pulled away and smiled at him. He ran his fingers through my hair. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that."

"I think maybe we should go to sleep. You look exhausted." I trailed my thumb down his cheek and ran it underneath his eyes, looking at the exhaustion that was written all over his face. I put my head on his chest and he put his arm around me, pulling me closer to him, just like the first time that he had fallen asleep in my bed.

I jolted back to the present when Micah moved his arm and noticed that I was awake, pulling me into a sitting position. He started tilting his head and leaning in to me but I but a finger on his lips. "Let's get out of here first; I have a boyfriend to break up with."

He grinned and got up out of the bed, gently pulling me up and placing me in the hover chair. He pushed me out of my room and down the hall to the room where the WallScreens were, almost too eagerly pushing me up to the screen. I put my fingers on the key and brought up the window that I had opened two days ago, seeing five new messages from Alex

Alex:

Gabs you there?

I took Ava to the ice cream shop

She kissed me there

I'm sorry

I didn't want her to, she pushed me against a wall and I couldn't fight back

Me:

That doesn't matter

If it wasn't your fault its fine

You can ask her out if you want to though

I'm not there anymore so it doesn't matter

Alex:

Gabs, no

We're technically still together

Why does it feel like you don't care about us anymore?

Did your 'not exactly' turn out to be a special person

Me:

Tell me about the date first

I want to hear the details from you

Ava sent me a few messages and I want to hear your side of the story first

"Come on just break up with him already!" Micah whispered, planting a tickling kiss on my cheek.

"Give me a minute," I giggled, brushing him away so that I could focus on what Alex was saying.

Alex:

Well we went to the ice cream shop

I know that was our special place

I could hear Micah fake-gagging behind me and placed a hand on his mouth. "Come on, Micah, let him talk. I came here to break up with him, but I've got to keep him distracted so that it doesn't hurt him as much."

"Oh so you care about his feelings more than mine?" Micah pouted.

"If I did I wouldn't be breaking up with him." That silenced him, and I turned back to the screen, reading the messages that I had missed.

Alex:

I'm sorry that I took her there

But I actually had a good time