He shook his head. He was definitely going crazy because his hands were trembling again. And his heart was racing, making him fight for air.

He stood sharply, making her legs drop. She came back to earth.

"Oh is the movie over? I just thought I'd rest my eyes. "

"Yeah right." His voice came out hoarser than he intended.

He cleared his throat and continued. "It's getting late. I should get you home."

She nodded in acquiescence. Would she be nodding like that if she had any idea what kind of weirdo things he had been doing?
She pulled on her strapped sandals and ran a hand through her long hair.

When they reached her house, she glanced out at the sky.

"Do you want me to paint a sky of my choice or do you want to choose?"

He considered it. "I'd like to choose. What are the options?"

"It changes every night." She indicated the sky. "If you want to pick you're sky then we'll have to go star gazing for a while. Hope you don't mind?"

"It's okay." He shrugged. As far as he got his painting.

"Great, so pick me up tomorrow night. Bring blankets and food, yeah? I get hungry."

"Sure thing ma'am!" He said in a south western drawl.

"Haha goodnight." Her hand was on the door handle as if she was going to bolt of he made any sudden moves.

"Night!" He offered his fist for a fist bump.

Smooth, Jeremy really smooth.

******************
Jeremy finally sucked up his hatred and went to visit Tony on Sunday. He was definitely not going to be tagged as the jealous ex.
When he showed up, he saw Cara's car parked in the driveway. The sight made him grit his teeth tightly.

He ran the bell and waited for someone to come and open it. He normally never rang the bell, he just came in from the back door. But times had changed.

"Hey Jeremy!" Tony's five year old sister said as she opened the door. She reached out for him to carry her and he obliged.

"Renée, you're not supposed to open the front door! That's very bad of you!" He scolded lightly as he closed the door behind him. It locked automatically.

She shrugged and he put her down before she demanded he carry her everywhere like she did once.

"So where's Tony?" He asked, smoothing her dark hair down.

"He's with Cara in his room. And he said he doesn't want to be disturbed" she quoted stoutly.

Jeremy gritted his teeth again and nodded.

"I'll still disturb him any way. Bye for now?"

She giggled and skipped around him before saying "Bye Felicia!"

He made his way to Tony's room and knocked sharply.

"It's me." He said.