Mr. Diggory, Stop Staring!

You made your way down the dimly lit halls of the dungeons. You could barely make out the door to Snape's classroom. That is, until you ran right into it. You rubbed your head, as you heard snickering behind you.
"Nice one Middlebrook!" You scowled in annoyance, yanking open the door. You immediately met by the scent of freshly brewed potions. Snape sat at his desk, looking into a pitch black cauldron. Sneering as usual. You weaved through the rows of desks toward the middle. Dropping your books with a thump, you collapsed onto the wooden bench.
                You were lost in thought, watching all the students file into the dimly lit room, before a familiar voice shook you out of your daze. "(Y/N) I didn't see you last night! Why didn't you sit with me?" You turned around to face Isabella Bulstrode. You smiled at your friend, gesturing to the seat beside you.
"Sorry. I didn't see you either and I was a bit caught up in this year's ceremony, with this being Matt's first year." She nodded.
"I get it. It's Millicent's first year too. I didn't get a chance to ask her, but is it true? Has Harry Potter really come to Hogwarts?" You shrugged. The same question had been running through your head.
"I think..." You were cut off by Snape sending a flurry of sparks into the air. You glanced around the classroom, noticing all of the other students had already placed themselves in front of a cauldron. Snape cleared his throat, clearly impatient and quite annoyed, making you whirl around to the face the dusty chalk board.
"Take out a roll of parchment, a quill, and some ink. You'll be taking some notes," your dull-voiced professor drawled. The class began digging around in their bags, searching for supplies. You pulled out your paper and quill, waiting for further instructions. Snape gave the class a wicked smirk before pointing his wand at the blackboard, making hundreds of words appear. Everyone's mouths dropped. "What are you waiting for?" He questioned. "Copy them down. Now!" You sighed and picked up your quill.

    -Time Skip -

All that could be heard inside Professor Snape's dark classroom, was the scratching of quills against parchment and the depressed sighs of the students. Each minute that passed seemed longer than the last. Your hand felt as if it was on fire but you were almost finished. Almost. You sat there, hand burning, for what seemed like hours before your Professor finally shattered the silence. Just not in the way you expected.
               "Mr. Diggory! Your notes are up here, not printed on the back of Ms. Middlebrook's head. Unless there is an exam question on the color of her hair, I suggest you pay attention and stop staring." That caught you off guard. You felt the apples of your cheeks turn bright red, the embarrassment burning more than the pain in your hand. You hadn't even noticed that you had potions with the Hufflepuffs. You silently cursed under your breath. This would cause rumors. Too many rumors. And too many questions.
               "(Y/N)? Why was that Hufflepuff staring at you?" Isabelle whispered. You scowled, trying to hide the blush still evident on your cheeks. "Do you know him?"
               "Of course not! Me? Associating with Hufflepuffs? I don't think so. And how am I supposed to know why he's staring at me. I'd rather he not, though." You snapped. Before Isabelle could respond someone cleared their throat, causing you to glance up. Professor Snape was standing directly in front of your desk. You could hear some of the Hufflepuffs gasp and snickers from many of the Slytherins. You flushed red, once again."
"Ms. Middlebrook I thought a Slytherin like yourself, would know, that talking is prohibited. But I was wrong and for that, you can join Mr. Diggory in detention tonight. Now back to your notes! All of you!" You shot Isabelle a glare, before returning to your notes. Damnit. It was only the first day and I already have detention. Nice (Y/N). Nice.
The bell finally rang, you were already storming out of the door. A scowl imprinted on your delicate features. People jumped out of the way as you stalked toward your next class. Detention! This was shaping up to be a great first day.