Pretty-Boy-Diggory

The winter air bit your cheeks, turning them a fresh shade of red. A week had passed since that fateful night in the astronomy tower. And now you were sitting outside, the snow catching in your (H/C) locks, as you waited for your the Hogwarts Express to carry you home for the Holidays. A sinking feeling swept over you, as you thought of the horror you would have to endure when you got home. It made you feel nauseous. And this time you didn't have Cedric to comfort you. He hadn't even glanced in your direction, let alone talk to you since that night. You could feel your heart breaking more and more, every day.
An arm was gently slung over your shoulder, as you stared into the vast sea of students, waiting for the train to arrive. You shrugged the arm off, turning away. You heard a soft chuckle from behind you. "It would seem she doesn't want your affection, Freddie. And to think you just wanted to help cheer her up!"
"It's weird, isn't it Georgie!? I was just trying to be polite! But if she doesn't want to hang out with us, I guess we'll be going!" Fred over enunciated his words, making sure you could hear them clearly. You rolled you eyes, but didn't turn around. You were too busy drowning in your own misery and heartbreak. You could hear footsteps retreating, but Fred's presence still surrounded you. His eyes were burning holes into the back of your head.
You were just about to turn around, when the bright red steam engine pulled into the station. Letting out a sigh of relief, you leapt up and hurried towards the train. You pushed past other students, hastily. You rushed through the compartments, eager to be alone, and headed for the back of the train. You pushed open the door to an empty compartment, your trunk trailing behind you. Collapsing into a seat, you closed your eyes and finally let a tear fall.
Before you could react, the door slid open and closed again. Someone plopped down next to you. Their fingers brushed a few stray tears away. You opened an eye, only to be met with a goofy, lopsided smile and a patch of burning red hair. You let out an exasperated sigh. You just wanted to be alone. Fred's smile faltered.
"What's wrong with you, (Y/N/N)?" You winced, every one called you that, but the last person to say it was...Cedric. You clamped your eyes shut as a few more tears cascaded down your cheeks. Fred's browns knitted together in deep concern. You shook your head. You had lost your words. Your felt another crack embed itself into your heart. Fred held your hand in his as you cried. He tried to pull you into a hug but you shied away. A confused look crossed his face. "What happened? Was it Cedric?" His voice just above a whisper.
You squeezed your eyes shut, harder. You nodded. You had been so stupid to kiss him. You didn't know what you were thinking, but now, it didn't matter. You had lost your best friend, and it was killing you. Fred nodded slowly. "Do you want to talk about it?"
"No...I...Yes...but...I don't know!" Tears once again pulled in the corners of your eyes. Fred rubbed your back as your sobs became more violent.
"It's going to be okay (Y/N). It's going to be okay. I promise. But don't bottle it up, it'll just make you feel worse. Let it all out." You sucked in a breath as you recounted that night. The memories that had haunted your nightmares, for 7 straight days, came flooding back. Fred listened intently, his face contorted into a frown, as if he was in deep thought.
"So you kissed him and he ran off like a pathetic little baby?" Fred summarized. You scowled but nodded, slightly. "I see. Well, I don't really know what to tell you, (Y/N/N). Has he tried to talk to you since? Have you tried to talk to him?"
"No. If he had, I probably wouldn't be sitting here, wallowing in misery. Now would I?" Anger laced your voice, and you immediately regretted it the minute it flew out of your mouth. You averted your gaze. "I'm sorry. I'm having a really hard time with this." Fred nodded, again.
"It's all right, (Y/N/N). I understand. It would be hard for me too. That is, if I were you. Or a girl." Suddenly a grin crept onto his lips. You gave him a confused look, a scowl making itself present on your features. He nudged you in the side, before whispering in your ear, "It seems like Pretty-Boy-Diggory isn't as smooth as we thought he was."
Before you could respond, Fred was running out of the compartment, cackling at his own joke. You couldn't help but smile. Pretty-Boy-Diggory? Yeah. Something like that.