Propose

Chapter 1

Kate's POV

Few Years After Irina's Death

I ran threw the winter green trees looking for my prey, the cold breeze blowing my blonde hair out and away from my face. My mate's scent lingered in the air behind me as the sun started to set.

The smell of a Elk pinched at my nose as the desire for blood became more intense, and I headed for it. When I found the animal I crouched down not making a sound to not scare it away. When its back was turned from me a pounced on its back, snapping its neck hearing the satisfying snap, and its body going limp telling me it was dead. I plunged my razor sharp teeth into its warm flesh, and feeling the warm sticky blood drain into my throat. I threw the lifeless body to the ground, and covering its remains.

I heard the crack of a twig, but didn't worry since I smelled his scent. I looked up to see the tall, six-foot two man, with short but messy brown hair, and now newly bright golden eyes from his hunt.

"Come on Katie I want to take you somewhere." he said grabbing my hand.

I raised an eyebrow curious of where he was taking me, but was following along. So he just led me threw the woods, and after about five minutes we came to a stop at out favorite place. Up on one of the highest mountains of Denali where you could see the woods, and lakes for miles. We always came up here when we wanted to be alone together.

We sat down, and I leaned my head against his shoulder.

"So is there a reason why you dragged me out here?" I asked curious.

"Does there have to be a reason Katie?" he said.

He was starting to piss me off a bit, cause lately he's been a bit secretive especially today of the most yet it seemed as if he was nervous as well. I then stood up, and turned from him pissed out of my mind, feeling the electric current flow threw my body.

"Garrett your starting to piss me. You've been so secretive lately and not telling me things-----!" I started to yell then turned around and stopped.

There on one knee he sat with a box in hand that held a beautiful ring in it that looked likehttp://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=105200093

I felt the current over my body slow down as I relax. I was speechless and didn't now what to say, then Garrett snapped me out of my shock.

"Katrina Dalena Lyric Denali, will you marry me?" he says with hope filled eyes.

I was stunned, and was trying to get my brain to function again. I couldn't believe I was going to marry Garrett!

'WELL NOT YET YOU STUPID YOU HAVE'NT GIV'IN HIM A ANSWER YET, SO SHUT UP AN ANSWER KATE!!!' I yelled to myself and I came back to present.

I looked down at my mate and smiled widely trying to get the words out, but I couldn't. So I got down by him and crashed my lips onto his tasting the blood from earlier on his soft lips. I pulled back after a few seconds.

"Of course I will love."  say kissing his cheek and he smiled satisfied sliding the ring onto my finger.

"Love you Katie." he told me as he brought me into another kiss, and I smile against his lips.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------AN: Sorry for the short chapter the next will be longer and this book is similar to another I wrote on a different account of mine. So thay may sound the bit the same but I not that happy with that book so I am kinda rewriting it since I wrote that when I was younger hope you will like this book and plesae comment. ;p