"Don't bother. I have some medicine at home that I can use. Can you please drop me off my house?"

He sighed, irritation clear in his voice. "Fine."

The ride going over to Cress' house was quiet until he broke the silence. "Mind telling me what happened to you?"

"I just got beaten up by a dog," Cress answered.

"Sounds more like a gangster to me."

"Why should I tell you anyway? It's not like we like each other. We're not even friends." She said.

Nicholo frowned. "I just want to help-"

"The only way for you to help me is to stay out of my business." Cress said. "We're here, pull over."

Nicholo stopped at the big two story house and glanced at her. "You live here?"

"Believe it or not my mom works as a fashion designer and is holding up her own stupid show and my dad's always busy with directing his movies." Cress replied bitterly, getting out of the car.

Nicholo immediately got up and went over to the other side, helping her. "That's quite believable. My parents are sometimes like that, but I see them everyday if they don't have to do work that much."

"I wish mine could be like that." She said hopefully.

As Nicholo helped Cress over to her door, it immediately swung open and they saw her dad and mom, with shocked faces.

"Crescent!" Her mom's voice filled with worry. "Where have you been?"

"On my way to heaven, but my trip got cancelled." She retorted.

Lyra and Sirena came behind her parents and gasped. "Why the heck are you beaten up?"

"Stop it with the questions! You're all giving me a headache."

Mr. Maxwell looked over at Nicholo. "Mr. Kingston?" He questioned him warily.

"Nice to see you again, Mr. Maxwell."

Cress looked over at Nicholo,"You know my father?"

He rolled his eyes and flicked her forehead,"Dummy, that's not what you're supposed to be worrying about. You need to go rest, I'll come back later with some medicine to treat your bruises."

"I told you I don't need them." She argued.

"Too bad."

After he left, Cress was bombarded with questions. Mostly from her mom.

"Where did you go?" She demanded.

Cress refused to look at her,"Someplace on Earth."

"Stop it with your preposterous actions and tell us." Mr. Maxwell got angry with her.

Cress then suddenly laughed. Laughed so hard that it hurt her stomach more than her pain.

"T-That's golden!" She cracked up. "Since when did you guys ever care about me?"

"Crescent-" Her father began.

Cress stood up abruptly, Lyra and Sirena quickly clung onto her. "What are you doing?" Lyra pinched her arm.

"I'm going upstairs to my room and wait for Nicholo to come over. As far as I know, he's more like a parent than you two." Cress said while shaking her friends' arms off of her and storming up the stairs.

Somewhere out from the woods, someone watched the whole scene. It shook it's head, disappointed in Cress.

"What am I supposed to do with you?" It muttered, thinking that Crescent could've heard it say.

—————

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading this new chapter in dedications for my friends! I'm starving right now so I gtg.

VOTE-COMMENT 😘 😘