Man's best friend

Benjamin holds his phone in his right hand, distracted as he walks along the sidewalk, past many shops and houses. A glint to his left catches the corner of his eye. He puts down the phone and trudges over to the glass pane. Bits of hair stick out at the front of his forehead in his reflection. He raises his left hand and pushes back the unkempt hair at the front, making a cool curve to his fringe. Impressed by his looks, he raises an eyebrow and winks at his reflection. He poses, grinning, showing off his pearly whites while turning to the side, placing his fists on his waist. His fringe falls out and formed a shape of what seemed like a horse's head.

Benjamin feels a vibration in his pocket and whips out his phone.

"Running a little late. Can't wait to meet you!"

Benjamin immediately starts punching the text buttons, a smile dangling from his lips.

"I'm coming." He hits the 'send' button and strides over to the restaurant a stone's throw away, climbing up the steps while the phone still rested in his hand. He pushed the door of the restaurant open before finding himself a seat, tucking his phone back into his pocket, his eyes darting around.

There she was. The girl he had always wanted to meet. Her skin was of a brilliant golden-brown, wearing a thin green pullover which outlined neatly her slim figure. Benjamin hastily reached for his hair, preparing to tidy it before approaching her when he felt something strange. Something was amiss. Instead of silky strands of hair, he felt a smooth, oily surface. His wig! Where was his wig? Pictures of him approaching the girl bald slapped him in the face. He hastily glanced around on the floor. How could it have dropped? Panicking, he grabbed a menu placed in front of him and raised it above his head, covering the unsightly bald spot.

Something orange lying by the side of his chair leg caught his eye. Yes! It was there! He immediately snatched it and pulled it over his head, straightening the last strands of hair when his angel came to the table. She smiled and sat down, looking at him with bright, attractive brown eyes. Suddenly, Benjamin gasped. Her wig fell off! She stared back at him in horror, feeling for her hair. Then she stopped. Her hand flew to her mouth and her shoulders vibrated in laughter. She was staring at his hair. Benjamin knew what had happened and he also knew they were in the same situation. Awkwardly he stretched out his hand and offered her a drink. She giggled and took it, a smile spreading across her face.

They walked out of the restaurant together, hand in hand, leaving their forgotten wigs behind. They had nothing to hide.