Chapter 22: Swan Dinner

Start from the beginning

"I cut myself. That's all."

"And you call me clumsy."

"It was intentional. I was mixing up a potion to help you with your lack of coordination." she shot back with a smile before opening the door to reveal Edward. He was dressed in black high converse shoes, black jeans, a white v-neck t-shirt with a dark blue jean jacket and his hair still looked messy but not as messy as it usually is."Well, you clean up nice." she says with a smile.

"If that is your way of saying I look nice, thank you

"If that is your way of saying I look nice, thank you." he says.

"You do look very nice, Cullen." she says as she takes a step to the side to let him in.

"You look beautiful as always," he says as she eyed her dark purple long sleeve top, dark blue jeans and dark purple flats. Her hair was pulled up into a messy bun.

She smiles, "Thank you."

She watches as his eyes fall to her wrapped hand and he stiffens, "Are you alright?"

She nods, "Yes. Thank you for asking." she says as she shuts the door and leads him into the living room, "Make sure you hold your breath. After cutting myself I'm sure the smell of my blood has filled the house even more." she says low enough so that only he heard her.

He nods,"Hello Mr. Swan, Bella. I want to thank you for inviting me over for dinner." he says.

"I invited you a week ago not this week." he mumbles but they all could hear him.

"Dad." Bella scolds him before Katnis could.

"Sorry." he meets Edwards' gaze, "I'm glad you made it here safely, Edward."

Edward nods,"Thank you, sir."

"How are you, Bella?"

She flushes red, "I'm fine, Edward. Thank you for asking. How are you?"

"I'm fine, thank you."

Katnis chuckles at their formalities,"Let's head into the kitchen before the food gets cold." she says.

Entering the kitchen, Charlie and Bella took a long whiff of the aroma, "I can't wait to sink my teeth into what you've made for dinner." Charlie says as he takes his seat.

"Same here. It smells so good." Bella says.

Katnis laughs,"Thank you." she says as she grabbed Bella and Charlies' plates from the countertop and placed them in front of them, "Enjoy."

She then grabbed her and Edwards' plate and placed them on the table before sitting down, "I hope you like it." she says to Edward, "I added a surprise in the spaghetti and fish to help make it somewhat bearable to eat." she says low enough for him to hear only.

She watched, with anticipation, as he picked up his fork, put it in the spaghetti, twisted his fork until it was a mouthful on the fork and slowly brought it to his lips. He met her wild yet nervous gaze for a few moments before opening his mouth and taking the rather big bite, closing his eyes in the process. His face went from a look of disgust to a look of shock and his eyes flew open quickly as he chewed his fist bite.