Operation takedown

Start from the beginning

"I've missed you too, mom."

After holding each other for a while two voice broke us apart and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Hey, brat, what about our hugs?"

"Come on, mom, stop hogging our baby sister."

I turned to see Liam and Max standing with their arms wide and I wasted no time throwing myself into their arms. Not long after, I felt another two pairs of arms around me and I turned to see Zack and Mike.

I looked around for Oliver and Brandon but they were nowhere to be seen, Zack read the question in my eyes and answered,

"They're not old enough for any of this, so mom made them stay home."

That brought me back to reality and the reason we were all standing not too far from the place that housed the people that wanted me and my family dead. My earlier fear took over again and I started to panic.

"You guys can't be here, it's too dangerous!"

"Relax, Lil, we've been preparing for this, we know what we're doing."

I shook my head from side to side, I didn't want them to get hurt or worst, get killed. I started to tell them exactly that when Killian's voice cut me off.

"Red, come on baby, it's too dangerous for us to be standing here this long, we've got to go, now."

I took a step back from my brothers and smiled sadly at them, they returned it but not before casting Killian death glares. I felt my heart broke a tiny bit, my husband and my family hated each other.

I walked back over to Killian and he slipped his hand around my waist, pulling me flat against his chest. His hold on me was like he was afraid that someone was going to take me away from him.

I didn't understand his behaviour at first, but looking at my family, I realised that he didn't trust them not to take me and run, and then something dawned on me...I didn't trust them either.

"Everything's ready Boss."

Mik came to stand next to us. Killian didn't reply to him, his eyes were focused on my parents and I could see that he was having a hard time letting me go to go do what he needed to do.

I got on my tip-toes and kissed his lips, it was just a kiss of reassurance, I pulled away and smiled at him, but his eyes darkened and he grabbed me up against him, crushing his lips down on mine.

When he was fully satisfied and back in control, he pulled away. He rested his head against mine, closing his eyes for a bit. When he opened them up again they were filled with determination.

"Remember what I said, Lilly, I'll find you no matter where you go..."

His eyes moved to my parents then back to mine.

"...no one can hide you from me."

I nodded my head, I didn't have any intention of ever running from him again.

"I'm not going to run, no one can make me, and besides, Mik would never let anyone take me."

Mik chuckled next to me, "Damn straight!"

Killian smoothed the hair away from my face and palmed it with both hands, he looked into my eyes and said,

"I'm going to check the perimeters to make sure that it is safe for us to enter then I'm coming back for you, if I'm not back in ten minutes, you leave with Mik and I'll find you after, do you hear me?"

I started to shake my head but he growled my name out in the primal way that he does.

"RED!"

I looked at him, tears running down my face, he used his thumb to wipe them away. His voice was softer, but it held no room for disobedience.