Chapter 67.

Depuis le début

The reaction I receive is the one I was hoping for, but now it makes me feel like a dick when she looks down.

"What the hell, Gavin?" Chanel asks quietly, glaring at me and pushing away.

"Sorry," I say, moving even further away from her. I get an even better view around Antonio's big head of Bella. She's saying something to Tyrese, and he stands up to let her out of their booth.

Well, fuck me.

"Move," I order to Chanel and she scowls. "Please."

"That's more like it," she breathes and let's me out so I can chase after my love. I don't miss the glare Tyrese sends my way, a warning, but I only smirk.

Pathetic. Chasing after a girl that belongs to someone else.

Bella's POV.

What are the actual odds that Gavin would he here the same day that I am? I groan when I get outside, running a hand through my hair.

He's making me crazy.

And are him and Chanel together? I feel bile at the thought. Gavin doesn't date, so I know the alternative.

I walk down the wooden plank pathway, the humid air doing little to calm my racing heart and pounding head.

"Bella!" I stop in my tracks. "What's wrong?"

He's closer now as he asks this, and my racing heart becomes even more out of control.

"Stop, Gavin," I turn around, his confused facial expression showing.

"Stop what, Bella?" He asks and I shake my head, but he starts talking again. "Ignoring me isn't going to change the fact that we did what we did."

Why does he have to bring that up? I've been doing fine the last two days and now that's going to disrupt the process. It's so easy to hurt me now.

"Don't you think I know that by now?" I furrow my eyebrows in question to him. "What we did - it didn't help us anymore than I thought it would."

"So it was never going to be different?" He takes a step back, looking wounded.

"What are you talking-"

"Oh don't pull that bullshit, Bella," he growls. My cheeks redden. "You had sex with me because you needed release not because you wanted to make lov-"

"Don't say it," I warn, trying to glare, but failing miserably. "There's no love here. None. And there never was, don't pretend like you ever cared about anything more than winning that stupid bet!"

"I do love you!" He yells. I don't look to see if we've disrupted anybody walking by. "And yes, it was a bet, but it was never just that. There was always something more, and you know that."

I bite my lip as it begins to quiver. I want to believe him.

"The things I did," he shake his head. "They were fucked up. Beyond it. That doesn't mean I lied about my feelings, and I know you have every right to think that, but dammit, Bella, if watching you walk away didn't about kill me."

Don't cry. Don't cry.

"I'll tell you everything. Everything." He pauses. "But you need to trust me."

Why is it so easy to answer the question of trusting him? Because I know if I don't, then I wouldn't have slept with him after six months of being away. I wouldn't be talking to him right now or considering his proposal if I didn't trust him.

I know that sooner or later the truth will have to come out. I'll need to know the secrets and the lies and the betrayal that has led us up to this point, so why not now? I backed out last time he tried to explain, and I regret it even now. I need this, if I don't do it, I'll never find that closure.

I need that piece of the puzzle that is missing.

"Okay."

___________________

I had homework despite it being the first day of school for me, but I got it finished and decided to update! I was super busy yesterday preparing for school so I didn't have time, but I'm hoping this makes up for you!

What do you think? Is there something between Tyrese and Bella? What's going to happen with Bella and Gavin? Will she believe him after the truth comes out?

Don't be a silent reader!!

Enjoy. Love you all <3

Like and comment :)