Open Your Eyes

Juvia is more than eager to return home after being away on a job. Only days ago, Gajeel had asked her to be his partner for a job. The duo originally believed that they could head back home tomorrow morning, but they finished their job earlier than expected. So rather than spending another night away from their loved ones, they each are hurrying to their own homes to sleep with them.

Her heart skips a beat when her home comes into view, even if a single light is not on inside. Oh, Juvia is more than ready to be with her one true love again. Although, he might be asleep due to the late hour that it is. She takes out her key, unlocks the front door, and slips inside. After doing the deadbolt, she navigates through the dark home with ease since it is always clean. By the time she enters the master bedroom, her eyes have adjusted to the lack of light.

Juvia is able to make out the lone person on the king-size bed. Lying on his back with the blankets up to his bare chest, Gray is fast asleep. Even in the dark, she knows exactly how he is since she has him memorized from head to toe. The man has dark locks and dark blue eyes. Along with his fair skin, he has a toned build from keeping in shape.

Oddly enough, Juvia takes note that he is on the right side of the bed which is her side. She can only assume it is because he misses her. Being quiet as to not disturb Gray, she walks over the side of the bed he is on. She spots the Juvia plushie that she handmade for him resting on the same pillow his head is using. Softly smiling, she moves the plushie onto the nearby nightstand since she will be taking its place soon enough. Then she bends down a little to place a kiss to his forehead before making her way into the ensuite master bathroom.

After gently closing the door behind her, Juvia turns on the light and blinks until her eyes adjust to the sudden change in darkness. She removes her small bookbag and sets it onto the counter to empty it. She always has to unpack before doing anything else. It is just some habit of hers, which is the opposite of Gray since he waits to unpack from jobs.

The first thing Juvia takes out from her bookbag is the very top item, her favorite handmade Gray plushie that provides her comfort when she travels. She will take the real deal any day over the plushie, but it comes in handy when they are apart. It is easy to understand why Gray had the Juvia plushie with him earlier. Then she removes the rest of what her bookbag contains, tossing her used clothes into the dirty laundry hamper and putting the other items away in their proper places.

Her next step is changing into something much more comfortable and suitable for bed. Tonight's choice is a blue babydoll with lace and frills, making her feel like a water nymph. Juvia stands in front of the counter once more, glancing at her reflection in the mirror. To go along with her dark sapphire blue eyes, she has pretty blue hair falling in thick beach waves down to her shoulder blades. Her pale figure is slender, but she has curves in the right places.

Brushing her teeth is the last step she takes before shutting off the light and leaving the bathroom. Juvia discovers that Gray has changed positions and is lying on his right side, his back now towards her. She crawls into bed, slides underneath the blankets, and scoots closer to Gray who is completely unaware of her presence.

Feeling like everything is finally aligned in place, Juvia sighs in contentment. "Goodnight, Gray-sama," she whispers. "Juvia loves you."

After a moment, low murmuring from Gray breaks the spell of silence in the bedroom. Juvia can only assume it is due to whatever he is dreaming about. She knows he talks in his sleep even though he refuses to admit that he does when he is awake.

She becomes slightly worried as he continues mumbling incoherent words and starts fidgeting. They are telltale signs that he is having another nightmare. So Juvia spoons Gray, supporting him from behind so he can face whatever is before him in his mind. She knows that he can do it. He has done it before.