Chapter 14

As mentioned before, I have become occupied not only with school, but personal issues. I have come up with a plan to be able to publish more chapters for you involving another writer and also needs help with writing her own story. Then again, I want to thank you all for being patient and still being here to read my story. Hope you all enjoy.

Veronica's POV:

After I felt the pack's link break away from me, I can feel my body and wolf in peace. I don't have to worry about others finding me and making my live a living hell again. I am free to do as I please and nothing will change that. All of us reach the end of the forest and make it onto human territory and to the main road. We follow Emily and I can see the town pass by me as I drive off to my new home in Kansas. I found out the Royal Pack was located in Kansas and parts of the states surrounding it.

All I know, is that it will be a long drive, so I mind link everyone and tell them if we can pull over to a gas station to grab a few snacks and drinks. They all respond with a yes and I see Emily pull into this diner with a gas station to the side. I park my car besides Louis's while grabbing my phone and we go into the diner to eat something. Once I am inside, I catch the scent of werewolves in here and I go into a defensive mode.

I look around to be met with 2 guys and a girl. They all have brown eyes, but the guys have brown hair and the girl has platinum blonde hair. From their scent, they aren't from a pack which means they are rogues. I am relieved that they won't recognize me from the Silvermoon Pack, but I am still cautious since they are rogues. Personally, I have nothing against rogues but of how they are portrayed, we all have to be careful around them, no matter what.

We sit a a corner seat and a slutty waitress comes over. I smell her and she is a werewolf but from a nearby pack since I didn't recognize her from my old pack. Her uniform is opened from the top, showing her cleavage, and her face is caked on with makeup. She almost puts a clown to shame. Almost. I notice how she eyes the boys and when she reaches Grayson, Kamara explodes on the waitress for eyeing her mate.

"You better look away from my mate you whore, or shits about to happen." She bluntly said. I struggle to hold in my laugh when I see the shocked face of the waitress.

"Who are you talking to? I can't believe that he is your mate. You must have mistaken him for someone else. I mean, look at yourself. You're black and you ar-" she didn't get to finish because Kamara snatched her arm and started to squeeze it, rather hard.

"You listen, and listen good. I won't repeat myself for a stuck up, snobby bitch. You have no right to talk to me that way and if I even see you looking at my mate, I won't hesitate to kill you. Do you hear me?" She says and I can see she means it because the girl is withering in pain and I notice why.

Kamara is using her element to cause her pain and advert her of what she is capable of. I can see the redness around her arm and I can see she is going to far with this one. The girl is whimpering in pain and Kamara won't let go of her arm. I start to worry, but Natasha speaks up.

"Ok Kamara, she has had enough. You are hurting her. Let her go so we can leave the diner faster and you won't have to deal with her anymore." She says. I can see Kamara falter, but she lets go and the girl grabs her arm with her hand and starts to massage it.

I can see Grayson grab Kamara and kiss her on the cheek. She calms down, then he says something into her ear, and she smiles. I laugh at their interaction, but I also feel envy towards them. Would that be the way Jason and me would have been if he wouldn't have rejected me? Would I have been happy as they are?

All these thoughts cloud my mind and I instantly feel depressed. What have I done to deserve so much pain and hate? I mean, I am happy that I have people who care for me but sometimes that isn't enough for me. I want to be with the person who was meant for me. To be loved and cherished by your one true love. I am distracted by my thoughts, that I didn't notice a new waitress was at our table. She was a middle aged woman, who had a motherly feeling to her. I smiled at her and she greeted herself as Carla who was also a werewolf.