The Girl who Writes and the Boy who Likes her

Zac Carter had spent one week out of every year at Emily Dawson's house since he was fifteen. It was the week his parents had their 'alone' time as they liked to call it. He was thinking of bailing on it this year, telling them he was old enough to be on his own for a week. Then he remembered sad, strange Emily who he's had a crush on for the longest time.

He decided that this was the week he would tell her, this was his chance to find out more about what keeps her so quiet and secluded. It was also the time to make things right with her.

At least until he recalled his stupid friends who always acted so mean to her. Even though they never did it in front of him he knew they treated her badly. Maybe he should just stay home.

Emily Dawson barely said a word to anyone outside of her mother. She spent everyday sad and alone, nobody understood her and there was only one person that had ever really tried. He was the boy that stayed with her family for one week of the year. She had to admire his persistence in trying to get through to her, even though it didn't really work.

As much as she looked forward to his visits there was always his friends that often came over when he was visiting. He was always so nice to her until his friends turned up. Admittedly he was never mean to her ever but he never seemed to notice that his friends were. She had enough problems of her own to deal with and his stupid friends only made her anxieties worse. His visits could be heaven or hell. She just wondered which one this week would bring.

Written by: @SandraCorton