Setting up the mirror in the pitch blackness of my room, illuminated only by candle flame, opting for the strong pleasant scent of Myrrh incense(as I had every night before this), I positioned the mirror so that I would be gazing into my own reflection, wearing a dark(and not very comfortable) sweatshirt to block out everything except for my face.... I focused my gaze onto my reflection, whatever fear I had quickly subsided and a calm overcame me, almost a little too calm, I really found it hard to even keep my eyes open... it's as if my eyelids were being dragged downwards... not much was happening in the mirror.... the mirror began to cloud, I lost my reflection several times, my face distorted slightly a few times, but all in all, not very eventful, and you might even say boring...that is..until I asked about the girl I seen in the flames a few nights earlier, asking who she was... asking if I could see her again..... almost immediately my face distorted to resemble something that looked for lack of a better word "demonic"... the reflection of my face continued to cycle between distortions which resembled "demons", each a bit more "demonic" than the last..... the last which I clearly remembered was the face of an old hag with nasty straight unkempt shoulder length hair, her face covered in warts and wrinkles... seemed like an example of the classic Halloween or Shakespearean witch.... seeing my face distort to this level of course made me a bit uncomfortable... but I couldn't look away because I also found it extremely fascinating and curious.... I scryed for a bit longer after these images faded, and nothing else appeared to me.

9/4/2016(after midnight) - night 5 - black mirror scrying - Gave the black mirror another try tonight, again I found it a bit too calming and extremely hard to keep my eyes open. Most of this session was rather uneventful... for the most part, got some cloudiness, a few minor distortions, but nothing really special, I remember presenting the question in my mind "can you show me something about myself that I can be proud of? something special? something that isn't ugly?"..... I don't know why this question came up, maybe I was feeling a bit depressed or down on myself and just rolling with my emotions... or maybe sometimes I just really feel there really isn't much to me when you start digging deep... and the thought of that is something I find kind of horrifying because it might mean my life will never be anything more than it is.... anyway later this night an image of an eye appeared in my reflection in the center of my forehead.... I think I just might take this to mean my 3rd eye is now fully open and that I'd best hold on for a wild ride.... there was a time, a couple decades ago when my 3rd eye was open, I recall that it would often show me things when I wasn't trying to look... the prospect of sleep became extremely difficult... and it's not something I could simply "turn off".

nothing else to report from this night.

9/5/2016(after midnight) - night 6 - candle scrying - tonight I decided to give myself a break from the black mirror and go back to what I found much more pleasant... gazing into the relaxing, calming infinity of the flame to see what I could see. At first I didn't see much, but the very first time I closed my eyes and attempted to capture the flame in my minds eye, something extremely odd happened.... I captured the flame alright, very clearly, and I was easily able to hold it in my minds eye, it soon started floating around and I had a hard time following it, then to beat all, the center of the flame started changing colors, the flame in my minds eye started off with a bright white center and two to three bands of a radiating "aura" each band comprised of a different color, one yellow, one green, one orange.... the aura never changed, except sometimes a band would disappear... as for the center color, it slowly changed from bright white to blood red while still floating around in my mind.... from there it again slowly changed to pitch black while still remaining floating in my mind...eventually the black flame with its colorful radiating aura of yellow green and orange faded in my mind never to return...... however on opening my eyes and refocusing my gaze onto the flame... something very curious indeed... something to the bottom left of the flame caught my eye.... the letter "B" scrawled in bright radiating fire... the "B" slowly morphed into an "S", which then slowly morphed into an "F", the image then slowly faded.... things got even stranger when the flame itself morphed into what I could best describe as a "birthday cake" before morphing back into a flame.... again I closed my eyes trying to recapture the flame and was unsuccessful.... but the face of a man who looked remarkably like myself did appear instead, like most visions that appear in the minds eye, it soon faded and I opened my eyes, it was then that I noticed an open eye hovering just above the flame... very much like that which appeared in the reflection of my forehead just one night before......................needless to say... it was an extremely interesting and curious session.