Prolouge

Note: Swipe right on the image above and click play on the video. Listen while you are reading for the optimal experience.

Back before the world was made, before time was known, there were two sisters. The older Celestia, and the younger Dyantha. One day, Celestia noticed a disturbance in the energy that surrounded them- she hadn't named such a thing, as it could not be completely described.

The tremors grew stronger over time, plunging everything into chaos. Celestia had seen the waves inflicting pain upon Dyantha, so to protect her, Celestia used all of her will to gather the nothingness into one, single, thing... A crystal conduit.

Celestia formed all of the energy into a giant flower-like crystal, sealing it away for good. However, by forming the crystal, she had sacrificed her love for her sister. Before the crystal was complete, she had made Dyantha promise to never touch it.

Celestia soon became a hollow shell of who she once was, a gloomy, empty soul. Compared to the bright and cheerful sibling she was before, she was no longer Dyantha's sister, she was no longer Celestia.

Fueled by grief, anger, and sorrow, Dyantha had come to resent the crystal. It had taken her sister and friend. But, she knew that she had to listen to Celestia. She had to keep her promise.

One night, months later, Dyantha had been crying. She had reached the peak of her emotional boundary. She was all alone without Celestia... and yet this- this thing that wears her face, made her come to dislike the choice Celestia had made.

 How dare she abandon her; how dare she leave her behind?! She could have dealt with the pain... Even if it killed her, Celestia would have been there to mourn....

It was as if someone had lit Dyantha on fire; her hatred for the crystal grew to maximum capacity. She threw her weight against it, slamming her tightly balled fists upon the crystal's shiny, clear surface. For months it had been her, the shell, and this rock.

Dyantha's promise to Celestia left her thoughts as she continued the futile battle against the crystal. Her knuckles bled and her energy was spent. Angry at the limitations of her body, she gave the crystal a final blow... and it started to crack.

The split started on the edge of the dent she had made. In amazement, Dyantha gazed at the crystal, waiting for the rest of it to break. The crack grew long, the line traveled from tip to tip, all the way around.

In a fit of euphoria, Dyantha hit the crystal one last time, right on the slit. She waited a moment... and then the entire crystal burst into a flurry of pieces. They shot into the blackness that surrounded Dyantha and the shell, forming small white dots across the sky. They had turned into stars.

Years went by, and Dyantha and Celestia soon passed. Over time, the stars died as well, being reborn after doing so. As their debris floated aimlessly in space, they would sometimes meld together, eventually forming planets. History then went on as it was written.

Some stars came together, forming the celestial beings known as Zodiacs. They were ruled by the Queen of Zodiacs: Polaris. She ruled them and the Celestial Plain.

She was a magnificent celestial being; long, flowing black hair, skin as white as snow, and eyes as blue and pale as the daytime sky. The first star ever born.

One night as she gazed down onto earth, she saw something quite peculiar. It cascaded downward, a plummeting streak of light... A falling star.

~Margo S. Winters

A/N:
This is a new book we are starting! It's a collaboration book written by myself (SilverOwl125) and WinterReader0917. We're going to be switching off chapters. Hope you enjoy!