The Farm Investigation

(~Edited On: 11/18/2020~)

Vivian stared out the window of the carriage she sat in with Ciel as they, and Sebastian where riding to the country side of London. She turned away from the window, and turned her attention to Ciel, who was lost in his own thoughts. "Ciel, why are we heading to the country side again?" She asked, catching Ciel's attention as he turned to her.
"We received a letter from a family asking for our help. The father of the family recently passed and they think it wasn't a natural death." He explains, and Vivian looked at him confused. "What makes them think that?" She asked.

Ciel turned away from her and looked out the window, "They found bullet holes on his chest. They wish to have us solve who killed him and for what reason." Vivian turned and looked down at her lap as she clenched her hands together, "I see... I feel so sad for them." she muttered. Ciel looked at her and saw her sad, concerned expression before he stood up and sat down next to her. He reached over and touched her hand, surprising Vivian as he whispered to her, "At the very least the Father is in a better place now."

Vivian looked up at him before she gave a small smile, causing Ciel to smile back at her too, before they both stared out the window again. Watching the country side go by as they continued to their destination.

Later...

The carriage finally stopped in front of a small stone made and straw roof cottage. Sebastian climbed off the carriage driver seat, and walked to the back before opening the door, and helped Vivian out, before Ciel exit the carriage after her. Vivian looked around at the small farm as Ciel and Sebastian walked up to the small cottage door. She saw a couple of chickens wondering around, a herd of sheep, two dogs and a cat nearby. She turned to the house, and saw next to it was a tree with a hand made swing tied to a big tree branch. She looked at Ciel and Sebastian, as the door to the home was pulled open, and they were invited in.

'I'm sure Ciel won't mind if I stay out here.', she thought to herself, and walked over to the swing and sat down as she looked around the farm a little.

With Ciel...

Ciel sat down in a chair in the small home. He looked up at the widowed woman who had sent him the letter. Next to her stood her eight year old daughter and in a rocking chair a few feet away, in a corner, on the right side of the room, was an elderly woman knitting.

"Thank you for coming in such short notice Sir Phantomhive. I apologize for pulling you away from your busy schedule." The widow said, moving her dark brown hair away from her face as Ciel and Sebastian had their attention on her, "It's quite alright. Now, explain what happened." Ciel responded, and the woman gave a small nod as she clenched her apron in her hands.

"Yes, It all happened last week. My husband went into the barn to tend to our horses like he always does. He was gone for more then three hours and we got worried. My eldest son went into the barn and returned upset. He told us my husband was dead in the barn. There were... three bullet holes in his chest." The woman explained, before she began to cry as her daughter began to pat her back to comfort her. Ciel looked down as Sebastian pulled out his handkerchief and handed it the mother, who took it and tried to wipe her tears away, but more appeared in they're place as she did.

With Vivian...

Vivian looked around as she gently swung back and forth on the swing before she spotted a brown horse laying on the ground, unable to stand. 'Oh No...' She stood up from the swing, and ran over. She then saw a smaller baby horse laying next to the bigger one. "Aww, a baby!" She smiled, as the smaller horse began to try to stand, before Vivian watched as it stood up all on its own. It looked at Vivian and gently began to walk over to her, as she held her hand out to it, "Hello little one." She reached over and gently stroked its snout. The mother just laid there as Vivian began to pet the little baby before it began to lightly nibble Vivian's hand, causing Vivian to smile as it tickled her.

"It seems to really like you." Vivian heard someone say, before she turned around and saw a guy three years older than her, with short brown red hair and blue eyes holding wooden logs. Vivian looked closer and noticed he had a dark purple aura around him.

'I don't like his aura color or how he's staring at me.' She thought to herself, but responded with a small smile, "Uh... Thanks..."

The guy approached her, and set the logs down next to them, "What might a lovely young girl like you be doing here?" He asked. And Vivian gave a small smile again, "My Master received a letter asking for his help. He asked me to accompany him here."

The guy smiled at her more as he asked, "I see... What might your name be?" Vivian moved back a bit as she replied back, "My name is Vivian." "Beautiful name, my name is Mark." Mark, introduced himself as The baby horse began to rub its snout on Vivian's arm, she turned to it, and began to rub its head and snout again. Vivian giggled as it began to tickle her a little, not noticing Mark moved closer to her, "If you'd like I can give you a tour of the farm." he whispered into Vivian's ear. Vivian shivered and glared at him as she backed away from him.

"Ever hear of personal space?" She asked, causing Mark to chuckle as he wrapped his arm around Vivian's waist but she slapped it away, "Your a feisty girl, I like it." He said, as he tried to wrap his arm around Vivian's waist again when she moved away and raised her arm up and-- SMACK!

With Ciel...

"Alright, thank you for the info." Ciel said, standing up as Sebastian retrieved his handkerchief from the woman, who gave a small nod and a small sniffle, "Anything to help, Sir Phantomhive. Please find the person who did this." She said as she wiped a tear with her sleeve.

"I will... " Ciel responded, as he turned to Vivian, only to see she hadn't followed him and Sebastian into the home, "Sebastian, where's Vivian?" he asked before the front  door opened and entered Mark with a big red hand mark on his right cheek. Ciel looked out the door and saw an angry Vivian standing next to the carriage, arms crossing as she looked like as he was impatient to leave. Ciel smiled and held back his laugh as the woman got Mark some ice for his cheek.