His outstanding character

A/N:
Please bear with me as the contents of this book are derived from authentic and reliable Ahadeeth which take up much time to research. Hence, the delayed update. (It's only two weeks but just giving a warning sign :P)

Be generous with the votes.
Much appreciated.

***

"His character was like that of the Qur'an."
-Aaishah رضي الله عنها

Abdullah ibn Amar Al Aas رضي الله عنه said : "The messenger of Allah صلي الله عليه و سلم was neither naturally lewd nor did he adopt a superficial lewdness. He used to say: ' The best of you are those who have the best character.' "

Allah, from the very beginning, had made his صلي الله عليه و سلم's heart such that one object of his blessed life was perfection of good character. Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم used to make this dua to Allah: "O Allah, guide us towards goos character because none can guide us towards it besides You. Remove from us evil character because none besides You can remove it from us.

Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم was the most forebearant of all people and he excelled in tolerance. His character, mannerisms and kindness had reached the pinnacle and peak of perfection.

Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم was extremely generous. His generosity was like that of freely blowing breeze. He never had much for himself, but he was always on the giving end. Whenever he was requested for a particular thing, he never refused.

Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم never took revenge for himself. But if a command of Allah was violated, then Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم took revenge on behalf of Allah.

Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم was the most humble and meek person. He would remain quiet quite often, and this quietness was due to his humility.

The word الرحمن (one whose mercy encompasses everything) is solely for Allah and cannot be attributed to anyone else. But commentators of the holy Quraan explain that الرحيم (one who has perfect or complete mercy) can be used for someone else, e.g. Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم. The proof comes in Quraan itself where Allah says : "بالمؤمنين رؤف الرحيم "
"With the believers his mercy is perfect."
Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم was sent as a complete mercy for mankind and history is flooded with incidents of this sort. Amongst the many are as follows:

Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه narrates that a Bedouin urinated in the masjid. The people ran towards him in order to beat him. Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم said : "Leave him. Pour a bucket of water over his urine. You have most certainly been sent to make things easy and not difficult."
Ibn Masud رضي الله عنه narrates: " It's as though I can picture Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم relating a story of one of the prophets. His people beat him and shed his blood. He was wiping the blood of his face and saying : ' O Allah! Forgive my people for they do not know'."

When Wahshi, the man who had killed and chewed the liver of Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم ' s beloved uncle accepted islaam, all he did was forgive him and merely ask him to remain out of his sight as it caused him much pain.

From amongst the numerous noble qualities that Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم possessed, the quality of forgiving and overlooking was formidable.
On one occasion, Nabiصلي الله عليه وسلم was standing at a place when a Bedouin came to him and grabbed at the shawl that was wrapped around the neck of Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم and then tugged at it very violently causing bruises on the noble neck of Nab i صلي الله عليه و سلم, who asked him, "O servant of Allah, what do you want?"
The Bedouin replied: "Give me from the wealth that Allah has given you."
Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم said, I will surely give you from the wealth but I will also take revenge for the difficulty caused to me." The Bedouin replied :"I will never allow that." Nabi صلي الله عايه و سلم asked, "Why?"
He replied, "Because you do not return evil with badness." Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم smiled. He then ordered the sahabah to load barley upon the Bedouins one camel, and dates on the other camel.
Subhanallah! Look at the sympathy and self sacrifice that Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم displayed in all aspects of life. He returned evil with good, and good with better, always.

Anas رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم was the best of people in character, he had the most broad chest (referring to his patience) and the most complete love.
He continues to say that on one occasion Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم sent me out for a need, so I departed. On the way, there were some children playing, so I intended to play with them and I did not go to where he صلي الله عليه و سلم commanded me. When I reached them, I sensed that there was someone standing behind me tugging my clothes. Hence I turned around and it was none other than Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم smiling at me. He then said : " O Unays, have you gone to where I commanded you to go?" So I became confused and I said "Yes... I am certainly going now oh Rasulullah..."

Anas رضي الله عنه further states : "I have never touched any silk brocade, nor any silk softer than the palm of Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم. I never inhaled a fragrance better than the fragrance that emenated from the body of the messenger صلي الله عليه و سلم. Wallahi, I had certainly served Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم for ten years, not once did he say for anything that I had done, "Why did you do it?" And anything that I left out, "Why have you left it?"

When Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم used to call Anas رضي الله عنه, he used the diminutive scale expressing his love for him. So sometimes he would say "Oh Unays" and other times "Oh my beloved son."
From amongst the sterrling advices that Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم showered upon him, was : "O my beloved son, if you are able to spend a morning and evening without having any ill feelings in your heart for anyone, then do so...
Oh my beloved son, surely this is from my sunnah (way of life), and whoever keeps my sunnah alive undoubtedly loves me, and whoever loves me will be with me in Jannah."

I often smile with tears of love reading this beautiful story. It's a perfect example of how Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم lead his blessed, gem of a life.

Muaadh رضي الله عنه narrates that Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم said: "The religion of islaam is surrounded by noble character and good actions. Some of them are:
☆ Treat all friends, relatives and those who you come into contact with cordially i.e keep them safe from any difficulty.
☆ Do good actions.
☆ Be soft and gentle to all.
☆ Do favours and goodness to all.
☆ Feed the people and spread salaam to all. (Those who you know, and those who you don't.)
☆ Visit the sick whether pious or not.
☆ Follow the bier of Muslims.
☆ Treat your neighbours cordially whether Muslim or not.
☆ Honour every Muslim old person.
☆ Accept invitations and supplicate for the host.
☆ Forgive the faults and shortcomings of people.
☆ Make peace among those people who have differences.
☆ Be steadfast and hold firm onto generosity, nobility and courage.
☆ Swallow your anger.

Muaadh رضي الله عنه also states that Rasulullah صلي الله عليه و سلم said, "O Muaadh, I advise you to fear Allah, speak the truth, fulfill pacts, return trusts, leave out misappropriation, protect your neighbours, have mercy on the orphans, speak gently, make the salaam common, do good actions, lessen hopes (of this world). I prevent you to speak ill of any wise person, to falsify any truthful person, to follow any sinful leader (in his sin), to disobey a just ruler or to create discord in any land. I advise to to repent for every sin."

Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم would honour people of character. He would make comfortable the honourable people of every nation with his kindness and favours.
He would never treat anyone with harshness and an ill mannered way.

Every moment of Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم's blessed and pure life, including situations during war and also conditions of peace, is a clear testimony that all Nabi صلي الله علي و سلم's efforts were directed towards perfecting excellent character and adorning people with jewels of etiquettes.

May Allah grant us all the ability to emulate Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم in his perfect and noble character.
آمين يارب العالمين ❤