Chapter two

She woke up sweating and shaking. Haven reached over and shut off her alarm clock. This was just another normal dream since that day. The day that that changed her life forever and it was all her fault.
It's been a year since the accident and she lives with yet another temporary foster "mother", Erin. She never stayed with a person and no one wanted her. Sophie had already been adopted but the parents who adopted her would never allow Haven to visit.            They always said that they were busy and the fostering agency said that she will have visitation rights but they've seen each other twice in a whole year.
       Haven climbed out of bed and went to her closet. She pulled out a tight fitted black shirt and a baggy hoodie. She then walked over to her dresser and pulled out dark skinny jeans. She changed into the clothes and began to put on mascara and black eyeliner.
       She used to never wear makeup but she hates her appearance. Every time  she would look in the mirror it would remind her of her mother. She changed her appearance by loosing 24 pounds (is now 101 lbs), she dyed her hair from auburn brown hair to strawberry blonde with some if her auburn brown highlights starting to appear, and with her whole style. She used to wear t-shirts with bands on them and lighter colors, to plain darker shirts and baggy sweatshirts.
       She even changed her eating habits. She used to eat all three meals of the day to only eating one or just some snacks.
       She grabbed her backpack and walked down the hallway into the kitchen to see Erin making breakfast.
       "Would you like some eg-" but before she could finish, Haven interrupted her "I'm good." She then went out the door and walked up to the car pulled over out front of her house.
       "Hey." Said her friend, Liz.
"Hey." Haven put her backpack in the backseat then put her hands on her face and sighed. "Are you sure you're alright?" Haven nodded then asked, "why wouldn't I be."
       "I don't know." Liz shrugged. Liz currently has pastel pink hair. She dyes it about every week. Her natural hair color is a really dark brown almost considered black. She's wearing a t-shirt with a cat on it and black leggings.  Haven is about 5'1 while liz is 5'5. Liz can get about any guy she wanted while Haven cant even get a guy to look at her.
         They drove to school and parked in the school lot. They started walking up to the school while Liz was nose deep into texting her new boyfriend of the week. Liz wasn't paying attention to her surroundings and almost got hit my a car but Haven pulled her by the back of her shirt beforehand,
        "Thanks." Liz mumbled. "Don't mention it." Haven replied.

Haven sat in history until the bell rang. She stood up and gathered her stuff but when she turned around, she ran into someone.
       "Oh sorry, I didn't see you. You're Haven, right?" Haven looked up and saw a guy she's never seen before. "Y-yeah, are you new?" She asked. He smiled at the question and Haven felt like she was melting. "Yeah, I'm Tanner." He offered his hand and she shook it.
         "Well I have to get to class." Haven said while staring at the ground. "Yeah no probably. Maybe we can hang out sometime." But before she could respond he left the class room.