Chapter four: Night Terrors or Real Terrors?

Bắt đầu từ đầu

With a tremendous amount of nervousness and fear, I will my self to look at the front of the car- and almost immediately regret it.

I barely manage to hold back a scream when I see my parents. They look the worst of us all. My dad's motionless body slumped over the wheel, my mom's head laying limply against the soft green grass where the window used to be- and I think I see pieces of glass in her hair and possibly- but hopefully not- in her body as well. The same thing goes for my dad, though due to his current position, I can't see the full condition of his face as I can with mom. But I'd suppose it looks just as horrid. After all, they do have a collection of deep cuts and gashes along their bodies. But the worst part of this is that their chests aren't moving up and down..... I- I don't think they're breathing.

That's when I lose it.

"MOM!!!!!!" I screech with agony and pain, "DAD!!!! NOO!!!!" With full force I lunge towards them, only to be roughly and effectively thrown back by my own actions. Then I remember; my seatbelt. With a lot of effort, I try and unhook the damn thing but it won't seem to budge- Like at ALL. After a few minutes of struggling, I give up and sigh in defeat. Great. Now I'm stuck in my seat between my two injured, unconscious brothers while being forced to see the horror seen in front of me. And it's all because of my stupid letter. Because of my stupid actions............

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME???!?!!!!???!??!!?

"DAMMIT!!!" I exclaim angrily as I kick the empty seat in front of me. I immediately regret my actions when I feel a sharp pain shoot up my leg and a groan, clutching my leg. Damn, I hope it's not broken or anything..... What am I talking about. Let it be broken. I describe pain after what I caused. To prove my point, I kick my leg out a few times again. Each time the blow of pain becomes more and more agonizing but I endure every single one.

After a while, I stop and sit helplessly in my seat. My poor parents...... My poor brothers.......... They didn't deserve this. I look over to West, who is on my right side. "West," I say, softly to him but he won't respond. "West c'mon, wake up," I try again, even shaking him a little but he still won't say anything. With a sigh, I turn over to James and shake him too. "James," I say, repeating his name and getting higher and higher in tone each time I do.

When I don't get a response form him either, I continue to do this until I'm practically begging for him to wake up. But he doesn't. He doesn't say anything- he doesn't even move. Eventually I stop shaking him, but try at least one more time to get a reaction from him. "James," I softly say, too desperately for my own liking, "please, you gotta wake up." No response.

I sniffle and that moment is when I realize tears have been streaming down my cheeks for probably a while now. "Mom...... Dad........ " I whisper in a hopeless tone even though I know there's pretty much no chance of response. They're pretty much dead- and I'm the one to blame for it. Completely. "I'm so sorry!" I sob and bury my face into my hands. "I-I'm so sorry........"

I feel completely helpless right now. This is the worst thing I could've ever possibly done. And for what?! Some stupid ballet academy?!? You know what, screw ballet!! Screw the academy, I'm ripping up the invitation when- sorry, IF I ever get home- or make it alive home that is. Heck, screw dance in general! I hate it!!! I hate dance!!! I HATE IT!!!!!!!  I HATE IT!!!!

Once I feel myself panting I realize the screaming I thought I was doing inside of my head was actually happening. Taking deep breaths, I try to keep a calm exterior but on the inside, I'm panicking like crazy right now. What do I even do??? Cause I've never been in a car crash in my entire life until now, I don't have the knowledge of what to do in these scenarios and I'm the only one conscious right now. Or maybe even alive. But by the way my head is gushing tons of blood out of that stupid wound on my head by the minute, I'd say not for long.