Complicated

My heart seemed to break as the princess blushed and Meliodas had on his normal carefree smile. "A-are you sure about this sir Meliodas?" Elizabeth's delicate voice asked. "Yeah sure! It's just a game after all." He said shrugging. He leaned in and she met halfway blushing tomato red. The kiss lasted about one Mississippi. I felt pressure in my chest. What made it worse is that Elizabeth, though she can get a little annoying, honestly had no ill will at all and was a good person. I couldn't hate her. I forced a smile. "I'm gonna go to bed. I'm really tired. Had fun playing see you in the morning!" I quickly walked upstairs to my shared room with Gowther. Crashed on the bed. My stomach was in knots I had a lump in my throat and I wanted to die. Tears began slipping out of my eyes. I didn't make any noise because I didn't want them to hear me if someone walked in.
King's POV I was worried when y/n hurried upstairs. Everyone else believed her forced smile, but I saw through it. She was my best friend so seeing her this upset broke me. "It's a good thing Diane is already asleep. She would've wanted that kiss." Ban said still clearly drunk. "Oh! I almost forgot to ask her about that thing!" I lied excusing myself. I knocked quietly on her bedroom door.
Your POV I heard a knock. I quickly wiped my tears and convinced myself I was happy not wanting to seem suspicious. Opening the door I saw my best friend. "Hey king what's up?" He gave me a worried look. "Are you okay?" "Yeah of course why?" "Dont play dumb. I'm not like them. I see through that smile. I know that must've hurt you." I put down the facade and let my face return to a more relaxed look. "Theres no use trying to get someone who will never feel the same way so why try? Him and Elizabeth are cute together. I'm over him for real this time. So goodnight." I kissed his cheek and closed the door fighting the reforming lump.
Gowther POV I came into the room not long after y/n did. I found her asleep but seeming to be crying. I lay down behind her and wrapped my arms around her softly smoothing her hair. She relaxed. I slipped into her mind and was hit with all of the emotions that corrupted her in the past hour. I felt sympathy for her. I didn't understand love, but I knew that to see someone having it with someone else was hard. Before falling asleep in the embrace, I decided to not let y/n know I knew her feelings. If I did, it would only get more...what's the word...the word...oh yeah...
Complicated