Hospital Beds

(Insert the scenes from Grey's Anatomy were Chasing Cars is playing here) Just kidding.

I had arrived at the hospital, and now was trying to see what news I could find out about Castiel from the receptionist at the front desk. 

"I'll let you know when the room is available to visitors. As for now, you can take a seat in one of those chairs over there." She directed me to the waiting lobby. 

I was sitting there for a minute, when the sheriff walked in. 

"How you holding up kid?" She asked.

"I'll be fine as soon as I know he's okay." I told her. 

"Name's Jody, and I'm sure your friend will be okay. It will be a process, but it'll be okay." 

I shifted in my chair. 

He's kind of more of a friend, although she probably picked up on that. 

"Now as a sherriff, I gotta ask these sort of questions. Do you know why he would be alone? Does he have any enemies at all.?" 

"No, but there are some kids at school, mostly jocks that push him around, but I've never seen him let them get to him like this." I said mentally going through a list of people. 

But I knew for certain it was Crowley. It had to be, he was the main suspect behind these types of things. 

"Ah, I see. Well I'm gonna get going," and with that she left the hospital. 

"Mr. Winchester?" The woman from behind the desk called. 

"You may go back, and see Mr. Novak and the doctors." 

I got out of my chair and headed towards the long, blank, sterile hallway.  I entered the room, my eyes falling onto Castiel laying in the hospital bed, hooked up to various IV bags and machines. 

"You must be Dean Winchester. Correct?" 

I turned my gaze away from the bed where Castiel was still asleep, but breathing, towards the doctor. 

"Yes, is he going to be okay?" I asked, jumping straight to the point. I needed to know if he was going to make it or not. 

"Yes, but the cause of all this is a concern." The doctor set the clipboard down onto the counter. 

"The paramedics and I myself have noticed that Castiel has cuts along his wrist, running up his arm. Some being vertical and causing him to bleed out faster and more. I also looked into his medical history and noticed that he was on medication for depression and anxiety. Were you aware  of this?" 

"No."  I replied 

I don't understand why Cas wouldn't tell me this, after all we were dating. 

"I see, well I am going to renew the prescriptions as well as provide new ones for painkillers. As for you, I recommend keeping a close watch on him. You're a good friend Dean Winchester, Castiel should wake soon." The doctor grabbed his clipboard and walked out of the room. 

I turned back to Castiel, who I was glad was safe and being taken care of.  

I sighed, and found a chair next to the bed to sit and wait. 

I'm sorry.