"What are you doing today?" Lydia asks me as she nibbles on a carrot stick.

"Not much. I need to study for this Chem exam. If I don't pass, Harris' sorry ass is gonna fail me."

"Bring your stuff to my house. We're kidnapping you," she gives me a mischievous smirk.

"What? Why?" So much for movie night.

"Because I feel like we haven't seen you in weeks! You've been holed up like a hermit. We need a girls night," her eyes narrow as she glances at Stiles.

"I dunno, Lyds. I really need to study."

"You have the whole weekend to study. You're not getting out of this. We can run by your house and grab your stuff after school."

I notice Stiles aimlessly flipping through his notes, trying to hide his annoyance and I suck in a deep breath, giving in to Lydia.

I drown out the chatter of the group, trying to read over my Chem notes. I can't process any of the information I'm reading, my mind too busy going a million miles a minute. I'm angry. I'm hurt. I'm confused.

I'm angry because Stiles just pretends that nothing is going on between us. Has he even told Scott what's been happening for months now? Has he confided in his best friend?

I'm hurt because it seems so easy for him turn off his feelings and guard himself. And I'm confused because, I'm not even sure what my feelings for him are. Is it more than just the earth shattering sex? I'm angry at myself mostly, because I've been too chicken shit to ask him any of these questions.

I feel his large hand come to rest between my knees under the table. He must have sensed my mood. His thumb soothes over my knee cap. I look at him out of the corner of my eye, his mask still in place as he pretends to read over his notes. It makes me even more angry. I slam my book closed, throwing it in my bag, jerking my legs out of his grasp and his head snaps up as I stand.

"I gotta go," I sling my bag over my shoulder and take off for the bathroom, not sure if I want to punch something or cry my eyes out.

"Meet me at my car after school!" I hear Lydia call out and I wave my hand as I walk away.

"What's up with her?" Malia asks, shoving a handful of chips in her mouth. All eyes fall on Stiles.

"I don't know!" He says defensively and grabs his stuff. "I gotta go see Coach," he walks away in a huff.

"He realizes that Coach is in the complete opposite direction right?" Liam snickers.

Stiles

Today 12:43pm

S: What's wrong?

Me: Nothing

S: Pretty sure that's a lie

Me: I'm fine

S: That is definitely a lie

Me: Leave me alone

S: Can't sorry

Today 12:55pm

S: Are you ignoring me?

Today 1:03pm

S: I feel like you're ignoring me

Today 1:05pm

S: I'm not gonna stop texting you so you might as well answer

Today 1:08pm

S: Please? What's wrong?