No hope left

A/N: I know its really short but give it a chance and read it. There is only one page so I hope you guyz enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’ve always wanted a little sister. My parents adopted one. She was very beautiful. I thought she had no flaws. She had perfect hair, eyes, a well- toned skin and even pretty nails. She was very gracious and had a lovely character. But I didn’t know she had a health problem.

After a month of her arrival, my sister Ashley, started to show signs of weakness. She became tired quickly and fell asleep often. Some nights she would come into my room, hug me tight and sleep. She told me that if she slept she would never wake up. I comforted her and embraced her with warmth. Little did I know that her words were soon to come true. Once in school she fainted. My parents rushed her to the hospital and I went along with them. As we waited for the doctor – as every minute passed like hours - a dreadful fear gripped my heart.

The doctor came out with a fallen face. He anxiously took my parent aside to talk to them. I observed him carefully and made out the word ‘cancer’. I felt my blood strain from my body. I heard my own heart beat twenty times faster. Did my innocent sister really have cancer? I found my answer when I saw my parents face. I tried to stay strong – strong for my parents – strong for Ashley. She was discharged and we took her home. I bolted up to my room and slam the door shut. Unwillingly, I broke down.

 I cried my heart out till eventually I drifted off to sleep. I jerked awake when I had a nightmare of my sister dying. I sat on the bed, hugged my knees and cried. I prayed to God and hoped that he wouldn’t take my sister away. As days passed my sister got weaker. Her treatments were turning out to be useless. She needed frequent bed rest. I tried to make her life happy. I wanted the last days of her life to be cheerful and memorable.

Once, when I returned from school, I saw an ambulance take my sister away. I screamed and tried to run behind it. But someone pulled me back – my dad. We drove to the hospital as fast as possible. My mother had gone with Ashley. I ran to her room and looked through the door. I sighed in relief. She was still alive, sleeping like an angel. I blinked away my tears as I walked inside and sat beside her. My parents were with the doctor, I was alone with her.  Could God punish someone as innocent as her? I didn’t think so. But I was proved wrong.

She started shaking suddenly and jolted awake. She opened her eyes and started gasping as if she was suffocating. I screamed in frustration for the doctor. The last words she stammered were engraved in my heart – “I-I  love you, sis!”  I felt my heart tear apart. It was as if all the joy was sucked out of the world. Despite my tears, I knew that now there is no hope left.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiyya guyzz!!! I know its after a really long time! I usually write novels but this is one short story that I really love and I wanted to share with you gouzz... so plzzz vote and comment. I hope you guyz like it because once im done with my other book i'll make this into a book. So once again.. plz vote and comment.

Love

Audra Ryan.